Friday, February 4, 2011

My winter companion

I had a bout of dizziness last night while knitting in bed.  It was bad enough that I had to put the knitting up and turn the light off.  Then I figured it out when I laid my head down.  Sinus infection.  It's probably been hanging on all winter because I've had a dry cough since I had the flu last year.  So I'm taking echinacea, zinc and cold medicine.  I'm not as dizzy today.  In fact, only a spin or two of the head all day, but I'm dragging and my head hurts.

I know it's a sinus infection because my ears keep popping.  And apparently has been my companion all winter.

As a result I haven't gotten a lot done today.  A couple of loads of clothes, some work on designing jewelry, cooking supper, started a new warm hat for Tom to wear to work,  and worked on a class in Open University's free classes:  Introducing the Classical World.  I have really missed studying.  I did okay for a while but then my brain shut down so I had to go lie down for a bit.  I plan on keeping up with this from now on.  It makes me feel really good about myself even if it isn't for credit.

Tom lost his favorite hat so I'm making him a new one.  In fact, I'll make him a couple since he does tend to misplace them.  He lost his hat upstairs in his bedroom so it's not like he'll never find it again, but in the meantime he likes to wear them to bed as well as work so I'm putting high priority on the hat for now.  I should be done tomorrow.  I would have been done tonight but I forgot.  My brain was engaged elsewhere today.

It was a bit warmer today.  I think.  I didn't go out at all in spite of needing to make a trip to the compost heap and refill the bird feeders.  I'll get to it tomorrow.  I think it was warmer because I had a hard time getting Professor back inside after his necessary trips outdoors.  Bless his heart he slept in this morning, but I didn't.  Anytime I take cold medicine I don't sleep long.  I sleep well, but not long.  So I was up before he was and made him come out from under the covers and go outside.  It felt a bit like payback. (snicker)

Supper is ready and my eyes are getting droopy again although I still have a load in the dryer to bring up.  Then I just need to stay awake long enough to go to bed.  I'm not worried about wake up times tomorrow.  I'm going to do what my body is telling me to do and that is rest, sleep and then sleep some more.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Thanks for the open university link! Interesting!
Hope you feel better
Vicki

Kathy said...

I need to spend more time on the site studying but it's hard when Tom is home and in and out of the dining room. And when he's gone, I'm busy cleaning or errands and stuff.

I should set aside time at night though. My darned brain is just so hard and retaining knowledge anymore, though.