Thursday, February 10, 2011

More whine and cheese

Hopefully the cold spell is leaving us.  The Weather Channel showed some temps in the 40s next week.  I can live with that and at least it's not in the negative numbers right now.  I don't think it is anyway.  It was -6 this morning with a windchill of -18.

I got to sleep early last night, which is never good as I woke up two hours later in pain.  It took 2 tramadol and walking around the house a bit to stop the writhing from pain.  Even at those moments I keep telling myself the pain isn't that bad and other people have it worse. 

I did a lot of reading last night instead of knitting but Zach and I did watch Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightening Thief.  Do you think they could come up with a longer title for a movie?  He really liked it.  So did I even though I've seen it several times already. 

Supper is already over:  chili and corn bread. I managed not to over season the chili and not eat too much so I'm not bloated and nauseous like I usually am.  But that's pretty much all I got done today aside from the early morning clean up, picking up after everyone and straightening up the kitchen.  I slept 2 hours this afternoon so sleeping tonight will be difficult.

We have to leave for town tomorrow right after Tom goes to work as the car only has one working headlight and since it has to go into the shop to be replaced it's not happening any time soon.  The headlights only seem to last a year and as it costs us labor to remove the front bumper and put it back on again in order to replace the lights, I'm getting really tired of this.  I hope we can manage to afford a different car this spring.  This car was a good deal but we've spent so much money on it because of the way it's constructed...as in, you can't do any work at home because every little thing requires large disassembly that can only happen where they have the equipment, that it's really diminished the enjoyment I might have gotten from having built in this century.

Still...we won't get much out of it for resale so we need more money coming in monthly before we can tackle buying a newer used one.  I just wish we could catch a break some day instead of slipping deeper into the pit every month.

So we have to get to town and back before I need the headlights, which means leaving earlier in the day.  At least the days are getting longer.

Off to crawl into bed and read a bit.  I'm so tired I don't even feel like knitting tonight.  And that really sucks.

TTFN

No comments: