Sunday, February 20, 2011

Seeing light at the end of the tunnel and hoping it's not another train coming

I irrigated my sinuses last night, several times in fact, and the infection seems to be gone for the present.  I plan on keeping up with it daily for a while, making sure the infection stays away this time. And the coughing is nearly gone so I'm in much better shape now.  I slept long and hard last night.

I should be fixing supper right now since it's getting late.  I had planned on fish with Panko coating but I'm still pretty tired so I'm going with Cheeseburger Casserole.  Cheap and easy.

I did a lot of ripping back last night on the Greek afghan since I tried to knit the night before last while sick.  I messed up the pattern and had to go back.  I'm back where I started before ripping so I thought I should just leave it alone until I feel a lot better.  I'm getting there but maybe I shouldn't do any knitting tonight as I do have a headache.

I'll irrigate my sinuses later and see if that relieves the pressure.  The doctor never gives me antibiotics for sinus infections.  She thinks they are over-prescribed.  She recommends nasal irrigation with saline and blowing your nose a lot.  I completely forgot about the irrigation until yesterday.  I hope this does the trick.

I did get some reading done.  Nothing that requires a lot of concentration, but definitely entertaining at least.  I've got the second of the Percy Jackson novels.  So far so good.  I will most likely finish it up tonight or tomorrow and since I don't plan on going to the library until Thursday, I'll listen to some Druidcasts on my mp3 player or listen to a book online downloaded from LibriVox.  They're free although mostly old since they're in the public domain.  I wish the audio books at the library were mp3 compatible as well.

And while listening to the podcasts, I can clean house and get my life ordered again.  Being sick really messes up the house even when I do try to keep up.

We've got about four-five inches of snow on the ground already.  Only supposed to get about 6-10.  Only. Tom did some shoveling today as Zach is coming down with this and I'm still too puny for shoveling.  He's in bed with a chill now, though, since he decided to shovel everyone's sidewalks as well.  He's generous to a fault.


Off to finish up supper and then to bed.  I'm making progress but I'm still a bit of a mess.

TTFN

No comments: