Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You know I don't feel good if I talk about seeing the doctor

Not a good day at all.  If I don't feel better by tomorrow morning (8 a.m., to be exact) I'm calling for an appointment.  The sinus infection appears to still be residing in my upper sinuses and is affecting the bones on the right side of my face.  I've been hanging my head over the bed while misting my sinus with sterile saline and that has offered me a lot of reduced pressure and the area isn't as hot as it was earlier, but I'm not taking any chances.  Getting in to see the doctor is a crap shoot at best so I plan on setting the alarm for 7:30 to give me time to get an appointment before they're all gone.

I was getting better but today it all just blew up in my face...so to speak.  It's possible it's peaking but I'm not going to risk the weekend coming up and still feeling like this.

On the plus side, I can feel the sinus draining as we speak.

Zach and I went to the thrift store today to look for a jacket for him to wear for interviews.  He's got a fancy, schmancy suit that is way too nice for interviews but none of the coats fit him in the shoulders.  He's got very broad shoulders.  But I did find a tiny statue of two owls for my altar.  They look brass but I'm sure they're not.  They feel too light to be metal.  Zach found a crystal bell for his altar.  All told, we spent $3.  Not bad at all.

He should be getting his diploma this week and is busy updating his resume and scouting out various places to apply.  You don't apply at the companies anymore but at agencies so he's trying to figure out where they are.  We're starting in Beaver Dam because there is nothing in our town.  Aside from John Deere, but they go through the same agencies.

I'm nearly through with my Greek afghan.  Once I'm done I will take a picture.  I'll try to get one anyway.  It was lovely and sunny today and I probably should have hung some clothes out on the line but my headache said no so they went in the dryer.  I think it might rain tomorrow so I'll have to dry another load in the dryer.  But it's getting close to the time I can hang them out.

Also this week I plan on getting some seeds started.  I can't find the tobacco seeds so I'm going to order some more.  They're not expensive and if I find the old ones, I can still use them next year.  I'll just keep them in a dark, dry place.  Like where they probably are now.

Supper tonight was macaroni and cheese.  Fast food for us.  I made a few changes that really improved the taste.  I didn't cook the macaroni much at all before putting it in the pan, and mixed some sharp cheddar in with the mild, mixed it up more instead of layering and made less but put it in a bigger pan so there was more crustiness.  I know it sounds so simple, but it's not rocket surgery, after all.

Early bed tonight and I'm taking an antihistime to help dry up my upper sinus.  I normally don't take them as they cause heart palpitations but the dr has said I can take one on occasion.  I think this is the occasion.  And as it will make me very sleepy, I'm planning on turning the lights off and calling it a night.  Just as soon as it's late enough.  If I go to bed now, I'll be up at 3 a.m.  Just 'cause my body works that way.

Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow or the dr can fix me up.  Either way I'm not going to feel like this for much longer.

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your sinuses are infected. I know that pain. Especially chronic which sounds like you suffer from too. (I'm so tired, that sentence is awful! Mea culpa.)

Hopefully you can get in to see the doctor. I'm trying that Baraka sinus salt in my neti pot. I would suggest it, but I'm just starting to use it myself so we'll see. If it works, you can bet I'll be singing its praises.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Tana. Let me know how the neti pot works. I might look into getting one since I seem to have this at least once a year.

I'm feeling better this morning so I hope it's on its way out.phease

LisaDiane said...

I love my neti pot. I have been using it for years. I used to have constant sinus infections, but now I only get one about once a year. I hope you feel better soon! Good luck getting a doctor's appointment.

Kathy said...

LisaDiane, I don't have a neti pot yet but as soon as I'm done with the spray bottle I got, I'm investing in one and using it a few times a week. I've read too many reports of people who did that and have lessened their sinus infections to less than one a year.

I didn't make an appointment today because I woke up feeling better but I will if I get worse or don't improve from where I am now. Thanks for the warm wishes.