Monday, August 16, 2010

Miss Piggy, Kermit and Bitty made their appearance

I have the video of Miss Piggy, Kermit and Bitty.  I didn't take any pictures or videos last night because it was only Miss Piggy and Bitty.  Kermit never showed up.  And Bitty never ventured further up than the side of the mailbox so she was in the dark.

In the video I start with who I thought was Kermit, then pan down to the mailbox to try to see Bitty who is little more than a shape in the dark.  Then as I pan back up I realize there are two frogs on the numbers and Kermit is the one on the right.  Miss Piggy is obvious by her girth.  Last night she was munching like crazy and smacking her lips a lot.


I did some cleaning yesterday and cooked a pretty good supper: Impossible Pie and fried zucchini with garlic toast and tomatoes.  It would have been better if I had remembered to put the toaster oven on bake instead of leaving it on broil.  I got caught up with the kitchen and managed to knit a couple of rows on the poncho before falling asleep over it.  Professor has been getting me up at around 7 a.m. so I'm falling asleep sooner.  And it's good because I'm getting sleep finally but since I don't knit until bedtime, I'm not getting much of that done.  I guess I'll start knitting in the afternoons from now on.

Tom is taking some vacation this weekend so we're figuring out where to go that is a day trip.  And dirt cheap.  I think the first few days he needs to sleep and rest a bit before we think about getting in the car and traveling.

I'm going to start harvesting the tobacco this week.  I have to or it's not going to be any good.  Tom is going to unbend some wire coathangers and I'll use that for the leaves.  We can then hang them upstairs on a cable we already have running across the ceiling.  It will be like a curtain.  It's really dry up there and is better than the garage.

That will keep me really busy for the week so I probably won't get a lot else done aside from the things that have to be done daily...or weekly...like laundry.  I hope there's no rain next week because I need to paint some outdoor furniture before it gets too cold to cure.  Not that that is a danger yet, but it's creeping up slyly and before I know it, I'll be needing to put plastic on the windows again.

In the meantime it's gorgeous again today.  Very cool and breezy.  I'm going to need jeans today instead of shorts when I go out to the store.

Which I need to get ready to do so...

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

It is cooler here also, Thank goodness!!
Enjoy your harvesting!
Vicki