Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Who needs a $400 prosthesis and bras anyway?

I managed to whip together something that will work pretty well for an addition to my too-small prosthesis and it's almost comfortable. As comfortable as any bra could be.  I look even now and that restores a lot of my self-esteem.  And it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

I didn't go online first thing this morning, instead reading and working in the yard before settling down for breakfast and my online newspapers.  It worked out pretty well as I've managed to stay offline more than usual, although still probably too much.  I scrubbed down the kitchen and am waiting for the floor to dry before starting supper.  I plan on scrubbing the bathroom as well before I go to bed.  Tomorrow will be vacuuming and more yard work.  It was hot and muggy early on so I only worked out there for half an hour.  Maybe if I do that much every day, I'll eventually catch up.

I didn't last long knitting last night.  I had the lights out at 10 p.m and was asleep not too long after that.  Professor woke me up at 4 a.m. for a trip outdoors and that woke me up for a couple of hours.  I ended up sleeping until 9 a.m. and took a nap around noon so I feel okay.  As okay as I ever feel anyway.

I'll probably make homemade pizza tomorrow night but tonight is just something I can throw together that won't heat the house up too much.  Still pretty muggy even though the weather report said it would be cooler and less humid today. 

I didn't get my pencils out last night because I was so sleepy and haven't managed it today yet either because I wanted to catch up on some house work.  Maybe tonight instead of knitting since it's too hot to hold the yarn anyway.

Zach is eaten up with mosquito bites.  He's allergic to them so he looks terrible.  And for some reason they love him and target him instead of us.  I read up on it and gave him some antihistimines and some calamine lotion and naproxen sodium for the swelling.  He's miserable.  Last count he had over 30 on his legs and feet.  I'm going to get him some garlic pills as that is supposed to change the flavor of his skin and make him less desirable.  The DEET stuff does absolutely nothing to repel mosquitoes on him.

I'm hoping to walk Professor tonight.  He's so chunky (and so am I) and needs to get the weight off his little legs. Plus the heat is really getting to him.  I can't help but think that extra weight is insulating him, keeping him even warmer.

Well, off to get some more work done.  I just hope I can keep this up and don't have just this day for energy.

TTFN

No comments: