Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kermit is back

Kermit came back last night and brought 2 friends with him.  One was a lot bigger than him and seemed to horn in and take over so we called it Miss Piggy.  The other was a tiny little guy who never made it past the mailbox.  We haven't named hm yet.  I got up at 5 a.m. to let Professor out for a wee and Kermit was sitting on the wrought iron railing so I turned the porch light back on for him to munch on some bugs in peace.  The other two were gone by then.  This morning when I got up Kermit was gone back to his bungalow...wherever that is.  I have some video of the three of them but Zach hasn't downloaded it and sent it to me yet.  I have the video of just Kermit though.


I'll have the other video up tomorrow.

I got some peas from the garden yesterday.  Just about a dozen but since only 2 of the plants survived and they are a bit shaggy looking, I was amazed to get that many.  Tom will use them in his ramen this week some time.  I got more green beans, too, but I think we'll eat these raw this time.  Last time I cooked them but they seemed to lose that sweetness that was in them raw.  And I've got 6 tomatoes.  Well, 5 tomatoes.  We ate one last night.  They're really tasty, much nicer than store-bought hot house tomatoes.  I don't know why they still have hot house in the summer.  Even the vine grown tomatoes still taste like hot house.

I need to get out and work on the trimming today.  It's supposed to be cooler with the humidity lower.  I laughed at the weather report I get in my mailbox when it talked of a cold front moving in and the temps were going to be lower...like by 4 degrees.  Not much of a cold front in my book.

Speaking of books, I'm still struggling through A Beautiful Mind.  I've gotten to the point where I'm skimming all the explanations of math theory and the history of various math theories.  I just want to know about John Nash and with my post-chemo brain and fibro-fog I can't handle a lot of the higher math stuff I used to be able to.  I also got a book from the library called Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley.  I'd like to start it but I want to finish the other book first.  I already put it aside to read I Sang in My Chains.  Now I need to just finish the darned thing.  It's the second time I've taken it out of the library.

I frogged the Sweeping Statement because I just didn't like the way it was looking and didn't think it would be that easy to wear. (Oh, I just realized I said frogged.  LOL)  I'm making this Blanket Poncho now. I might have enough to make the purse, too.

So I just have two projects going:  the crane bag and the poncho. I think I'm going to work on an amulet necklace, too.  I was working with my graph paper the night before last trying to design something, knowing that my graph paper wasn't exactly right for knitting.  I need more rectangular graphs than square but I was trying to compensate for that.  I've got knitting graph paper somewhere.  I just don't exactly know where that is.

Well, I have tons of work to do today so I need to get done reading the newspaper online and Ravelry and Facebook then I'll shut it all down until tonight when I start supper.  I'm trying hard to use my time more productively.

TTFN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sure your work is amazing.. shoes on or off!