Thursday, August 19, 2010

A lot of sleeping, a lot of nothing getting done

It's warming up again.  Rain is expected tomorrow, though, so I hope it cools things off a bit.  Although it probably will make things worse with the humidity.  I worked in the garden a bit first thing this morning, picking more tomatoes and a couple of peppers.  They're small but don't appear to be growing bigger so I picked them.  I waited last year for my peppers to get bigger and they ended up just getting black. 

Tom made a BLT for lunch and thought the tomatoes were great!  They have a lot of flavor.  I think they were Big Boys or something like that.  Definitely good tasting. There weren't any green beans or peas but I have some zucchini growing.  I need to shred what I've got and get it in the freezer this weekend.  I can't wait any longer if I want to use them.  I ended up going to bed early last night and got nothing done and today has been a bit of a fatigue-ridden day as well.  I'm achy all over from the fibromyalgia so I took a pain pill, which I rarely do during the day.  I thought about going to the library but decided to wait until tomorrow.  I'm just too tired and sleepy to drive today.

The toad in the mailbox yesterday was Bitty but apparently Kermit showed back up before Tom got home.  He said there was a tiny toad on the sidewalk so that must have been Bitty because Kermit was up in his normal place.  I'm inundated with birds today.  The bird feeder has been busy all day and the sparrows are racing up and down the garage roof again.  Even the bird bath has been busy.  I think these birds winter over so I wonder why they're so busy today.  I really should get a bird book from the library or at least look them up online.  We heard a really strange sound earlier today.  It might have been a bird, but if it was, it was a big one, because it sounded pretty deep.  Couldn't pinpoint the location and didn't see anything out there.  Might have been in the foilage of the trees.

I'm hoping to get some real work done tomorrow.  Like baking or cooking some things for the week ahead.  And cleaning.  And weeding.  I do a little bit each morning but there is still so much to do.  And I hope to move my tall rack to the south window in the living room so I can start planting herbs.  It will be my winter herb garden, I hope.

Off to fix supper and then maybe back to bed.  \

TTFN

No comments: