Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last day of Tom's vacation

Very lazy day today aside from one trip to town so Zach could transfer money at the credit union to pay his student loan payment.  He's meticulous about it and good for him.

Miss Piggy slept over on the street numbers all day, even when the postal person delivered the mail.  She's awake now that I turned the porch light on.  I haven't looked to see if Kermit or Bitty are back but we haven't seen either of them for a few days.

I just watched 9 a short while ago.  Great movie! I also got caught up on Haven as well

I get back to my routine tomorrow when Tom goes back to work.  I'm not looking forward to his retirement at all because he'll be HERE all the time.  Maybe I could send him out hunting and fishing all the time.

The tobacco is harvested and hanging on hangers on my clothesline.  I bought him a chain for the rafters in the garage hoping he would hang it in there because I want my clothesline back. I have clothes in the washer!  But he didn't so I guess I'll have to tomorrow morning.  Then I plan on pulling up the plants, hoeing and turning the earth, dumping some compost to sit for a few days and then re-planting some short season stuff, like lettuce and maybe some fall crops...whatever that might be.  Then Zach and I are planning on increasing the square footage before winter so I'll have a garden twice as big next summer.  Tom wants to grow tobacco again and I want more veg.

I'm also going to tackle the house and get rid of more stuff.  I'm tired of feeling so claustrophobic with all the stuff we've got.  Plus I could actually be more organized if I had a place to store the stuff we do plan to keep.  I'm going to set up an indoor herb garden this week as well. 

And more cooking from scratch.  And even baking on the days it's not so hot.  Like today if I could have had the kitchen to myself.  It was lovely today...nice and cool and overcast with a few drops of rain, but not enough to wet your head, let alone the ground.

I'm toddling off to watch LOTR documentaries and knit on the Tree of Life afghan the rest of the night.

TTFN

No comments: