Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stop me next time I want to do the whole house in one day

I will regret this tomorrow but I'm tearing the house apart tonight.  I bought a new, shorter shelf for the pantry, moved the taller shelf away from beside the refrigerator and put it in front of the south window in the living room where I will very soon plant some herbs.  I have one shelf I can't use just yet because the window fan lines up perfectly with that shelf but very soon we won't be using it.

I threw away so much stuff so far.  And while you can walk through the living room and kitchen now, it's still a mess.  But supper needs to be cooked, too and I need to find my bed before I can collapse in it.  Plus I'm mopping the kitchen floor since the guys worked on cleaning the garage and brought the garage floor into the kitchen as well.  It's pretty black now.

I probably won't get any knitting done tonight.  I'm not happy with the I-cord I'm knitting for the crane bag so I might just use a rawhide cord instead.  I'm using Red Heart SuperSaver and it's not holding up well to I-cord knitting at all.  Then all that remains is to sew down the casing for the drawstring, knit the shoulder strap and line it.

I'm going well on the Tree of Life afghan.  I guess the yarn makes a difference. I used Caron Simply Soft the first time and I'm using Vanna's Choice this time.  It's holding up much better.  I'm also working on that blanket project I tried before but with different colors.  It's working out better, too, plus I'm refining my color stranding and it's much better.

But for now, I've got to start supper, finish mopping, vacuum my bedroom and probably the living room and put everything back together before I can collapse.  And I can assure you, collapse I will.  I'll pay for this tomorrow but I'm taking advantage of the Full Moon energy I got from last night.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Come over to my house! ha
Vicki

Kathy said...

No, no, nooooo! It's too hot down there. And muggy. As humid as it gets up here, it's nothing like Southern Indiana.