Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Is it only Tuesday?

We had a brief rain last night and I had to run out and bring the tobacco in because we don't want it to get wet.  I'm not sure what the heavy dew is doing to it though.  Now it's hanging in my kitchen, partially blocking the doorway.  I hope it goes out to the garage this week.  And soon.

I brought even more tomatoes in today along with an overgrown zucchini.  That one I'll cook.  I've done enough shredding, I think.  There are only 4 more blooms on the plants so I'm hoping that will be the end of it.  I love eating zucchini but after spending four hours shredding it, I'm not in love with it anymore and need a trial separation.

Bitty the toad came back last night and has grown to Kermit size now.  But she's still terribly timid and bolted when I opened the door to let Professor out.  She was on the mailbox right next to the door so I'm sure it was too great a surprise for her.  And of course, Miss Piggy was there as well.  Still no Kermit though.

We're going to have to get a new battery for the car this weekend.  I'm having to take the air filter compartment off and clean the terminal every time I want to start it anymore.  I'm going to let Tom take it to StuffMart because I think they'll refuse to do it because of the location of the battery.  You have to take the right front tire off, to get the battery out.  I want to kick the man who designed this car in the groin.  I really do.  You also have to take the front fender off to change out the bulbs in the headlights. 

I got next to nothing done today.  My sleeping is crap again and Professor just won't let me sleep in.  He nags and barks (using his indoor voice, of course) and nags and washes my face and barks until I get up to let him out only to watch him settle down on the porch for his own private viewing of his kingdom.  Not to wee.  Just to reign supreme.  So I'm tired and dragging in spite of the cooler weather and promise of rain.  Which we got a bit of already.  But the bulk of it will come after midnight so I am prepared.  I didn't set out the cardboard for the trash pickup tomorrow because they won't take it wet so I left it in the garage.  If I get up early enough (I sure hope not!) I'll set it out; otherwise I'll wait until next week.

I do intend to finish the kitchen and living/dining room before I settle in to watch Northern Exposure and knit.  The sweater with the houndstooth pattern is coming along.  I feel like I'm knitting so loosely to keep the stranding so it doesn't leave vertical lines but it looks really good.  I'm sure by the time I get to the end, I'll be comfortable with it.  But I need to keep up with non-stranding things so I don't develop a loose knit.  I'm pretty good at knitting to gauge so I don't want to change that.

Still haven't located the crochet hooks.  I'm about ready to buy a new hook to use for my doily/altar cloth thing.  Once I do that the errant hooks will show up for sure.  But I do want to get going with the doily because I really want to crochet now that I've set my mind to it and have found a couple of patterns that might work.

I can't remember if I took my meds today so I'm not going to take them just in case.  My mind is like a steel sieve these days.

Well, I need to start supper and finish up my work.  And try to stay awake until bedtime.

TTFN

No comments: