Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's finally September

Tom came home from work last night with a bag full of corn on the cob so we had some of it for supper tonight.  It was lovely aside from two green worms who are now making their home in the compost bin.  I just cut out what they had been munching on.  Much better than store bought corn, for sure.  Bigger, too.  I still have a couple of meals left over so I think I'm going to cut it off the cob and freeze it.  I love it but I just can't eat corn on the cob all week long.

I need to do something with my tomatoes as soon as they're done.  I've got a few more that will be ready tomorrow and probably more the week after that.  I'm going to make some spaghetti sauce and then freeze it.  But even though it was cooler today it was more humid so I didn't notice the difference.  Especially since there was no breeze at all today.

I discovered the best way to calm Professor down when he barks is to whisper to him.  He responds to it with barking in his indoor voice and then looking at me for approval.  It doesn't work when he's in a frenzy but it works for normal barking.  Good to know because he barks a lot.

I tore apart my closet today, dug out all my bags of yarn and still can't find my crochet hooks.  I had crocheted a carrier for them so they're not loose somewhere.  It's so frustrating.  I'm sure I've just overlooked them but I will continue to dig through everything.

I've managed to stay away from the store for a few days.  Not a record but it's a good start anyway.  Tom is planning on getting a new battery for the car this weekend but I think I can make it to Sunday.  Or I hope I can.  Especially with the veg I've got already and the ground beef in the freezer.  And fish.

I'm running a bit low on bread but I can bake bread.  Not a problem.  I did run out of butter but only because no one told me we were low.  I had been watching the price and it was really high so I didn't buy it, thinking we were okay.  I only use butter when cooking but Tom uses it for his lunch.  Doesn't like margarine at all.  I use margarine on my toast or whatever.  But he can use margarine until I get to the store.  I'm not going there just for butter.  I mean...I'm not running to the store to buy a new crochet hook so he can use margarine for a few days.

I still have a lot to finish up before bed tonight.  It was just too muggy to work.  Any exertion and I was sweating.  At least it's September now and I can see light at the end of the heated tunnel.  I should have done the checkbook today but I'll get it tomorrow.  It's not going to be good news anyway so I'd rather face that in the morning.

Well, off to finish up the kitchen and mop the floor, sweep (carpet sweeper and broom sweeping) the living/dining room and get Zach up and moving to clean up his share of stuff on the couch.  Then I'm off to bed to knit and watch Northern Exposure.

TTFN

No comments: