Friday, January 1, 2010

And the new year begins.

It's cold. Frelling cold (remember I've been watching Farscape the past few weeks.) The wind chill is in the minus numbers with it heading into the minus 20s very shortly. The dog raced outside and down the steps and right back up. I put his papers down for him in the kitchen. He knows it's okay if he can't get outside.

I've been searching all day for a new pattern for the olive green Caron I got yesterday. I found a pullover (jumper) called Heather Cables that I think I will try. This will be another nice thing to wear to church.

I frogged the balaclava I was knitting because it didn't look like it was going to be warm at all. I've got my knitted neckwarmer and my various hats including my lumberjack hat so I'll be okay. I can save the yarn back for something else.

I need to get back to knitting and watching Farscape. I'm not sure I'm going to town tomorrow so I renewed my library books. I'm hoping Monday will look better. If it's this cold Sunday, I'm not sure we're going to church either. I don't do well with wind chills like that.

I want to turn the heat up a bit but I don't dare. I'm not sure how we're going to handle the heat at 60 F so I'll just curl up under the covers with my hot water bottle. I'll be fine if I wear my sleeping cap and my knitted throw around my shoulders.

I've gotten nothing done in the way of housework the past couple of days. I've been eating badly and that affects my energy levels so tomorrow I intend to try to do better. No more sugar.

Short and sweet tonight because I'm ready to crawl into bed. I'm going to try to get more done tomorrow so I can feel more productive.

Happy New Year everyone!

TTFN

No comments: