Thursday, January 7, 2010

Nothing but snow according to the news.

It looks like we got about 6 inches of snow. It doesn't seem like much considering what we have had in the past. But I'm sure glad I don't have to drive up to Fond du Lac on a regular basis. I do have an appointment the 20th but if it looks like the weather is bad, I can afford to reschedule it. I'm okay with my prescriptions and the arthritis isn't so bad I need anything for it immediately. I just won't drive in weather like this unless it's inescapable.

Tom, of course, had to. Where he works is already over 8 inches and counting. The car tracks really well in snow, however, and he is a careful driver. I'm sure he's taking the main roads and not going the back way.

Bless his heart, he got out there before work and shoveled off the private sidewalk and the driveway. Our neighbor with the snowblower got the public sidewalk. So Zach and I can wait until tomorrow to get out there and shovel again.

I was busy catching up on sleep today so not much got done. Impossible Pie for supper and some corn. Not terribly imaginative but so tasty. Tomorrow I have to do some baking and I must tackle the pantry. It's hard to find anything and stuff gets shoved to the back which is too deep to actually find. The racks are on sliders so they're suppposed to pull out easily but there is no room to pull them out anymore so I'm rethinking how I'm going to do this. I have no room to really do any complicated cooking which is why I keep to casseroles and one-pot meals.

I did lay out a chicken from the freezer and cook it tomorrow. I can get two meals easily out of one chicken and I might stretch it even further.

But definitely baking tomorrow. There is a request for flour tortillas and I might make some egg noodles and possibly some muffins or something snacky and healthy.

Zach and I were watching the second disk of Half Blood Prince with all the behind-the-scenes stuff. It was the best they had ever done. And so funny. It was nice to have Zach out here with me. He has trouble occasionally with his wifi so he has to come out here and since I was in my room, he just joined me there. I had to pull the bed away from the wall because he can't crawl across the bed very easily. The box spring is broken but the frame keeps it in place as long as you're not putting a lot of weight at the foot of the bed.

One of these days I'm going to get a new bed. I've got two eggcrate pads on my bed because the springs are too prominent and I can't sleep because of them. And someday I'll have a real bedroom instead of the living room turned into a bedroom and closed off with curtains.

I ended up not knitting much last night because I couldn't concentrate enough. I did work on my wool socks that are looking pretty bizarre because I'm using some odds and ends and putting together colors that nature might not have intended to be in the same room at the same time. But they will be on my feet and under my jeans so who cares?

Off to wash up the dishes and crawl into bed to knit and watch Farscape season 3. If I can concentrate today.

TTFN

No comments: