Friday, January 15, 2010

I wuz confoozed

I went to bed last night with my usual difficulty sleeping although Professor didn't need to go out all night. Either that or he couldn't wake me up. But after only 4 hours he woke me up this morning and since it was Saturday, I stayed up because sleeping late makes it hard for me to get to sleep on Saturday nights for the Sunday a.m. turnaround.

Except it wasn't Saturday. It was Friday.

I couldn't figure out why Tom was making his lunch and asked him where he was going. He looked at me so funny and said, "no where."

I said, "You're making your lunch. Where are you going?"

"To work."

"On a Saturday????"

"It's Friday."

"No, it isn't."

"Yes, it is."

At which point it occurred to me that all the blogs I had read had Friday as the date.

I never recovered.

So I did get a little bit done today but dragging my tush after only 4 hours sleep, it's not a lot. I did some sweeping (broom on carpet and carpet sweeper on carpet) in the living room and my bedroom. And some minor re-arranging so I could actually move around in there. I need to clean off my nightstand which is so cluttered that everything falls off into the wastebasket whenever I reach for something else.

I did some minor knitting last night. We watched Farscape in the living room but I didn't have a light beside me so knitting on a black cardigan didn't work out well. I should have grabbed my log cabin baby blanket that will go to Haiti (Jeanette...our sister church and the school and hospital there) but I didn't, being incredibly lazy yesterday.

I'm going to work on the Heather Cabled sweater tonight because I like to alternate and because I don't feel like fitting the pocket into the cardigan tonight.

I also need to get started on my apron soon. And I have laundry to do tomorrow and I'm going to make a peanut butter suet for my birds outside. I need to refill the bird feeder as well. And I'm going to try to hang some clothes outside tomorrow morning very early. I thought about doing it today but that fatigue thing got in the way. I'll get some clothes washed, though, so I can start first thing.

Tom is going to work on the truck tomorrow so we'll be back to two vehicles again. It will be nice especially as I just got the paperwork for the clear title on the car.'s paid off...finally. I still plan on making payments to ourselves though so we can build the savings account back up because next week I've got to make the property tax payment. Partial payment, that is. I would love to make the whole thing at once but it would empty out our savings and that makes me very, very nervous. I like having a tiny cushion. We won't get a lot back on our taxes this year because Zach's loan and scholarship paid for his school last semester so we won't get the tax break. And this is the last year we can claim him on our taxes.


Supper is ready and I'm off to watch my Friday night shows.


No comments: