Monday, January 4, 2010

Wanting my routine back

I'm trying hard to get back into my routine but it's hard when I've got a day of errands and don't have enough time at home to accomplish what I want.

I had to get up early and get into town to take care of the library and banking. And of course, after I got home, season 3 of Farscape came in. I'm not going back to town before Thursday though. And when I got home I fixed lunch for everyone and then got ready to take Zach to the dentist.

He has four cavities, all coincidentally in the four teeth that held his permanent retainer. The doctor thinks that his teeth were damaged from the bracket and has advised us to use the ACT mouth wash stuff that re-builds the enamel. And gave us a coupon. We're racing against the clock to get this done before the 31st when his benefits run out. Sigh. We should have kept up with it better though.

Then we stopped at McSnacky's to get a $1 large soda and something from the dollar menu just to re-connect and spend some quality time together.

Then home to wash a ton of dishes. I got behind this weekend because it's so hard to work in the kitchen with Tom around. Whenever I would go in there to cook or clean, he would show up and start puttering. It's a tiny kitchen and just can't take two people in there so I just stayed away. He put the dishes in the dishwasher last night but I told him not to run it because I wanted to wash them by hand in the morning. I woke up to the sound of the dishwasher running.

Sigh.

It's really hard to do this when we're not on the same page.

I'll just have to start kicking him out of the kitchen when I'm working in there. He has plenty of time to do that when I'm not in there, that he doesn't have to run me out when I'm doing my job.

I really do hate holidays.

So I didn't get much done today or at least not as much as I wanted to.

Tomorrow I plan on working in the basement, clearing out and hopefully getting rid of more stuff. Wednesday is trash day and I hope to start making sure the trash can is full to bursting when we set it out from now on. I have one small garbage bag full of kitchen stuff to take to the thrift store. I gave up on freecycle since no one wants to take second hand stuff on our list. They want brand-new or nearly new stuff. Or they'll say they want it and not show up. So I just take it to the thrift store or throw it out. I can only do so much.

I have a carpet sweeper I bought many years ago that I use instead of the vacuum most days. I did finally get rid of the spider condo over my bed. I must say it was a very impressive web and I felt a little bit guilty destroying all that effort but this is my house and not hers so she's going to have to find another location.

I've got plenty to read from the library: still working on the Miss Read Fairacres series. I'm about half-way done. Our library doesn't have one of the books so I put a hold on it. I've got plenty to read while waiting for it though, including my own books: Encyclopedia of Country Living and the Tightwad Gazette books I've got. I also need to start planning my garden and maybe send off for my seeds. I wish I knew exactly who to order from.

I plan on sleeping in tomorrow because I do better when I sleep in and work late into the night rather than get up early and start working. I end up not being able to work past 2 or 3 in the afternoon. My inner alarm clock has been working on this schedule for years. Who am I to reset the clock?

Off to finish up the kitchen, clean up the bathroom and then off to knit on both sweaters. When I couldn't sleep last night I dug out some wool from my stash (odd bits that aren't necessarily color coordinated) and am knitting a pair of thick socks. I have another 100% wool pair that I love so I thought I could knit another pair for those times when I can't concentrate on more complicated patterns.

Off to get my work done so I can crawl into bed and watch Paranormal State and the dvds I got from the library today.

TTFN

No comments: