Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Australia Day!

To my many readers from the Land of Oz, have a wonderful day and thank you for reading my blog. Don't be shy; let me know a little bit about you. :-)

It was another gray, dark day today. Zach paid for the program he needs for his last class and was pleased that it didn't break the bank. In a couple of months he'll be done. I just hope we can get the truck fixed by then so he can get out and try to get a job.

It's been spitting snow all afternoon which made me nervous driving the truck. I have to get home before I need lights on it and as it was so dark all afternoon we barely made it home at 3:30 when it was almost as dark as twilight. Plus the truck is so light that it's terrible driving in snow or icy conditions. I should have put the 80 pounds of cat litter in the back but I didn't think of it until we were already pulling out of the driveway. Next time I will.

Not much to report except I am sleeping again even if I'm not feeling rested so much. It's a start anyway. The way my bed is situated right now seems to be optimum for propping myself up to sleep and the pets have been very good at letting me sleep all night of late. I just hope it keeps up for a while. Maybe I can play catch up.

Baked macaroni and cheese and cornbread tonight and a veg. Something green to offset the yellow of the other foods. Color seems to matter when eating for some reason.

I knitted a lot on the cabled pullover during the church's annual meeting yesterday so I just continued with it last night. During the evening when Zach and I were doing a Farscape marathon, I worked on the puppy blanket for the animal shelter using the yarn that a lady at church donates pretty regularly. I need the space it's taking up and the animal shelter needs the blankets.

But it was All Creatures Great and Small for me after Zach went to bed. It's become one of my new favorites.

I taught Zach to crochet and he's doing a great job. I've got a pattern for a can cozy that I'm going to start him on as soon as I finish up here. It's making me want to crochet something as well. I need to get some blankets and hats made up for our sister church in Haiti so I might crochet them, as I can put them out faster crocheting versus knitting.

Off to turn on some lights as I'm working in the dark now that the sun has gone down.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks for your warm wishes for Australia Day. It is certainly warm here today! I live in Brisane which is in the north of Australia and usually warmish all year...not much need for coats etc. I am a special ed teacher at a local Catholic school and school is just returning this week after 7 weeks holidays. My job is to make sure all our students with difficulties are catered for by the teachers and just making people aware of differences etc.
I have 3 daughters of my own ranging from 14 - 19 - 21 years. So my life is pretty busy. I love to knit, crochet and starting quilting. But it can be so hot here that handling wool etc is not always great. I read Down to Earth every day and would like to live a simpler, frugaller existence but need to build up a family following...they are all consumers!!!

So thats my bit, we are all very different in our lives but it's weird how the internet all connects us...don't you love it. Well I better get back to celebrating my county's day!

Cheers Anne