Saturday, April 30, 2011

There is some serious wind going on out there

For some reason it was Hannibal's turn to keep me awake last night.  He kept sitting on my chest digging his claw into my lip trying to get my attention.  And believe me, a claw in the lip in dead sleep really does get your attention.  I don't know if he was hungry or just wanted to cuddle but I didn't get up.  I just stuck him under the covers curled up in my arms and went back to sleep.  Until the next time I found him on my chest digging his claw in my nose.

Then Professor wanted out at 8:30 a.m.  I turned over and went back to sleep, ignoring the barking.  He eventually jumped back on the bed and slid under the covers until 10:30 when I finally got up.  Still sleepy.  And I've been fighting sleep all day.

I didn't get any laundry done at all.  That will have to wait for tomorrow.  I've got supper in the oven because Tom should be home from work any minute now and then I'm going to bed.  I don't care how early it is.  He and his sister are going to Madison tomorrow to look at kayaks so I'll have tomorrow to get some cleaning done.

I ended up frogging the medieval bag I was working on.  The pattern needs more contrast so I dug out some light green and white.  Works much better.  I think I'll make a pink one for my great-niece as it's small enough she can use one for her doll stuff.  I found my size 5 circulars but it meant frogging a poncho I had given up on anyway.  Which gave me more than enough yarn for the sweater coat I'm plugging away at.

My fleece shipped today.  I was surprised as most companies, especially small businesses, don't work on Saturdays.  But I've always been pleased with the Woolery so I'm pleased and will continue to buy from them.  When I can afford it.  I know a pound of fleece isn't much but since I'll be washing and carding it, it gives me many hours of enjoyment that I wouldn't have gotten if I had just got roving.  I'm really rustic here with hand carders and no swift or winders.  I use old prescription bottles and wind by hand.  And I use my arm and foot instead of a swift.  If I were going to make this a business, which...well...you never know...I would buy them but as all I have is a kick spindle and only do this for my own usage, then it doesn't make sense for me to spend all that money right now.

Maybe next spring I'll get a whole fleece reserved.  I could get behind that.  It's just too late now to get one as they are all spoken for apparently.

Maybe some day I'll be good enough to sell my yarn but I'm still learning.  And have a long way to go.

It hasn't rained yet but it's been so terribly windy.  It catches the door when I let Professor out and if not for the spring on the top of the door, we'd have had it ripped out of the wood.  Which happened a while back when the paper boy didn't shut the door all the way.  We woke up to the actuator yanked out of the woodwork and the door banging against the porch rail.  We can't put another actuator in because the wood is missing.  We'd need a new piece of wood there and that's not going to happen any time soon.  So my dad, when they were up here a while back, put a spring on the top of the door.  That way it won't get yanked out of the door frame for some reason.  It has worked so I'm not complaining.

Professor's new lead is too short and he can't get around the yard for sniffing and pottying.  I might have to use the chain but not today.  Too windy and I'm too sleepy.

Well, I can smell the macaroni and cheese so I need to get it out of the oven and eat so I can go to bed. 

TTFN

No comments: