Monday, April 25, 2011

Beautiful day

Gorgeous Monday!  Warm temps and lots of sunshine.  Errands done and I'm ready for a nap.  Unfortunately I need to fix supper soon so I guess I'll just wait until bedtime.

Tom got the oil changed in both vehicles yesterday but didn't have enough oil so I had to make a trip back to town.  And today I had a prescription run out so I had to get that refilled so I made another trip.  Then I forgot to pick up a book at the library that Tom was interested in reading.  But no, I'm not going back yet.  He won't read much during the week so I can wait until later in the week. 

I'm home for the week hopefully.  I have plans to get things done, like laundry...which I would love to hang out on the line but we're looking at rain intermittently this week.  I really need to get some cleaning done as well and I might as well dig out the summer stuff, too.  We'll be needing them soon enough.  But here we need to keep our winter stuff out as well because our weather pendulum swings from cold to hot during these months.

I did a lot of spinning last night.  I'm afraid my spindle will fill up before I finish, though, so I'll end up with a spindle that has a tiny amount of singles on it.  I am thinking of just taking off what I've got on there and washing and hanging it to dry since it's still a pretty good amount.  And then I still need to figure out how I'm going to dye all my yarn.  I want to dye before plying so the colors will be more varied.  I just need to figure out what colors and whether I want to do chemical dyes or kool-aid.  Not crazy about kool-aid colors though.  Although dark cherry would be nice.

I'm nearly done with the back of the sweater coat.  I was digging out the Navajo coat last night but I got distracted and forgot it so I might try to dig it out tonight.  I know where it is...underneath in the bottom of my basked of yarn and works in progress.  I still would like to find a smaller project to work on.  I have that lace-weight yarn that may or may not be acrylic but haven't decided on a pattern yet.  I've never worked with lace-weight before although I have knit with crochet cotton before, but I don't want a hard shawl pattern to start out with.  Something with easy repeats would be nice.  I have Icarus in my bin so I might dig that one out and work on it.  I did like the look of it but I don't remember how difficult it is to knit.

Time to get some stuff done.  I might at least get the living room straightened up while making supper.  I can do the deep cleaning on it tomorrow but after the weekend, the table gets awfully cluttered and makes the rest of the room seem messy as well.  And then an early night again.  I hope.

TTFN

No comments: