Friday, April 8, 2011

Never know when you're going to see a farm animal

I was up and about today after 9...count 'em 9...hours of uninterrupted sleep.  And yet I'm still so tired.  I imagine it will take many nights of uninterrupted sleep to regain any energy lost over the past 23 years of chronic insomnia.  I still have hopes that this insomnia might end some day.

I have to get my seeds planted tonight or I just won't get them done.  I'm starting to run out of time before they go into the ground.  Zach and I plan on going outside next week to till up the garden from last year and start digging the new part.  I figure if we do it little by little it won't hurt so bad.

I also need to get Professor up and moving.  Lately he's back to licking the floor rather than eat his food.  Tom gave him table scraps the other day in spite of me telling him not to so we're starting over again.  Maybe if I get him moving more, he'll be so hungry he'll eat dog food instead of waiting for treats and people food.  I also had to get some ear wash for him.  He's been shaking his head and scratching at his left ear.  I finally got a look in it (he's not keen on that) and it was dirty in there.  Not massively dirty, but I'm going to clean it out and see if that helps.  Plus I need to trim his front claws.  He's going to hate me by tomorrow night.

I also need to get busy indoors cleaning this mold and mildew up.  I only have a few allergy pills left and I have an appointment with the dr in a couple of weeks so I'm going to wait until then to talk to her about whether I need a regular supply of them.  Until then I'll just muddle through.

I went to sleep pretty early last night but woke up at 11:30 p.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.  I finally got back down at around 2 a.m. and woke at 11-ish this morning.  I need more nights when I can sleep through.  I've tried ear plugs but they bug me so much I can't sleep and white noise isn't loud enough to cover the dog barking or Tom coming into my room and talking and playing with the dog.

I bought more yarn today.  Yes, I know.  I said I wasn't going to do that but I found a pattern for Zach of a dragon and since I have most of the colors I need already, I just went ahead and got the remaining colors.  It's crocheted and I know I need to get back to work on the Navajo coat, too, but this is quicker and more interesting.  Right now I need interesting.

While at StuffMart today we say the most unusual thing in the parking lot.  We pulled in and Zach said, "Is that a goat?"  I looked around but didn't see one until he pointed out a mini-van a few rows over and sure enough...there was a goat in the front seat eating papers from the dashboard.  And I didn't have a camera with me.  I love how unpredictable life is!

Well, I need to get busy playing urban farmer so I'm off to get my seeds planted and set up so they get sun first thing tomorrow morning.  If we have sun tomorrow.  We're looking at thunderstorms this weekend, but with temps in the 70s.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Nothing like a goat to brighten your day??
This had me laughing!
Vicki

Kathy said...

Zach and I are still laughing about it. It's just now where you expect to see a goat. LOL