Monday, April 11, 2011

I could have stayed in bed all day

I hardly ever wake up needing a pain pill in the morning, but this morning I did.  I suspect it was because I was dealing with pain all night but didn't wake up enough to actually grab the bottle and pop it open.  I did a lot of tossing and turning for no apparent reason (aside from it being hot, but I had the fan on me).  But as the day has progressed, I'm feeling like I need another one.  Could be the change in weather...lots of storms in the area.  We were under a tornado warning last night but it went to the north of us so we got only rain.  Not even thunder.

As a result I've gotten little done today aside from dropping in at Wendy's for a soda and a sandwich and conversation.  I realized today that my only friends here are the people who work at Wendy's.  I talked to the manager (a young guy but very personable) about gardening and fruit trees.  I really enjoyed myself actually.  But I think from now on, it will just be a soda and maybe a side salad as I've got to get busy on losing weight.  I have a physical and pap in a week. 

Not that I intend to try losing weight between now and then, but I need to regain my health because I'm so tired and achy, I'm not productive at all anymore.  And I don't want to lose the weight so I'll look better or so people will stop nagging me, but because it's so hard to carry all this extra weight around and because I'm so tired of being tired.  But whatever I do can't involve deprivation in any form because that's what gets me every time.  Hunger.  I've lost nearly all the weight before but I was so hungry that all I could think about was food all the time.  I'm not looking to get skinny.  I'll settle for being able to walk up and down the stairs without feeling like I'm carrying a 100-pound backpack.

I sent the taxes off today but as I was putting them in the envelopes (and triple checking everything, including the W-2s and addresses) I discovered that I didn't have a copy B of the W-2.  I had two copy Cs though so I sent a employee's copy along with the state forms.  I didn't really have a choice.

I worked on the sweater coat some last night and I'm almost to the cable pattern.  Just another inch because I'm shortening it by 2 inches.  The last one I made ended up being ankle length, which is nice but I'll trip on it if I don't shorten it.  Being short myself.  I also finished up the head and neck of the dragon. Having a dickens of a time on the legs though.  It's hard to see and I end up with 8 stitches in the round instead of 6 every time.  I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong so I'm going to turn my gooseneck lamp on tonight when I work on it.  I also got my gansey scarf out and am ready to dig the Navajo coat out again, too.  That gives me lots of projects to work on so I won't be bored.  Well...much.

Tomorrow I'm taking Zach to get his permit and drop him off at the campus for job hunting stuff at the job center there.  I'm taking books to work on since whenever I sit down to study anything here at home the pets start demanding attention or need out or need fed and I get up 5 times in 20 minutes.  I have no idea what sets them off, but the minute I sit down to do something on my own, they are front and center.

I should do a load of laundry tonight but that might wait until tomorrow.  The stairs don't look too tempting today with my aching body.  Tomorrow for sure, though.

I also need to get back to deep cleaning not to mention yard and garden work.  We need to start turning the garden and digging up the part we're enlarging.  I'm thinking with 60 tobacco plants I'm going to need to double the garden space instead of digging half again as much.  I'd rather have too much than too little.

Well, time to fix spaghetti and then crawl into bed.  I got Heritage from the library today.  It's Celtic Thunder's latest PBS concert...without all the donation interruptions.  Then I can delete it from my dvr since it's so easy to get from the library.  Been working through season 3 of Farscape over the weekend.  I definitely need to spend less time online and more time working on the house and crafts.  I can watch some of my dvr stuff while working on the crafts and listen to my podcasts while cleaning and working out in the yard.  Plus I've got to start some kind of exercise regimen to bring life back into these useless muscles I've got.

TTFN

No comments: