Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The price for a good night's sleep

For every night I get good sleep, there are the subsequent nights when I get little to no sleep at all.  I finally dosed off at 6 a.m. this morning, woke up at 10:30 to let Professor out and never got back to sleep.  Although I could barely keep my eyes open at all.

I worked on the Pan amigurimi last night in addition to spinning but I put it up and went to sleep at about 1 a.m. almost immediately.  Unfortunately I woke up about 1:15 a.m. and never got back to sleep until morning.  Odd how that works.

I've been too tired to do much today although I went to the library for Tom since I wasn't getting anything done.  I have to fix supper but I think I'm going to bed after I get done with that.  I've noticed that my fatigue is worse and my pain is worse since that dose of Cymbalta.  Zach said yesterday that Cymbalta did indeed retrain my brain in the way it thinks about pain.  It now thinks that pain HURTS!!!!

Definitely not going anywhere tomorrow though, although I am going to make an appointment with the vet for Hannibal.  He's been losing weight and even though he eats a lot, he doesn't seem to gain it back.  Tom keeps telling me that he's fine, not too skinny and is gaining weight, but he's not.  I think Tom is in denial.  His hips are bony, his spine is bony and his face is gaunt.  That's not right.  So I'm taking him to the vet when I can get an appointment.  The problem is finding a vet we trust though.  The vet we've used since we moved here, sold his practice to someone else and the guy is a real jerk so we stopped going.  I think we'll take him to the one in the next town.  It's more expensive but I'd rather pay more and get quality care.  I just hope it's nothing more than his thyroid, like it was with Pearl.

It's been rainy again today although not as cold and with bits of sunshine, but it's not helping the garden dry out so we can turn it and dig up more.  Not that I have lots of energy to do that right now, but I can hope that by the time it's drier, I will have. 

Well, I must start supper so I can get it over with.  Chicken/rice casserole with salsa and tortillas tonight.  I was going to fix potato/leek soup but Zach won't eat potatoes.  It's a pretty quick meal and uses one skillet, which is always good and can be ready to eat in under a half hour.  Plus it's cheap. 

Then it's bed for me.  Or maybe a shower first.  I might be able to sleep after that.

TTFN

No comments: