Friday, April 15, 2011

At least he's older than I am

I'm married to an old man.  He turned 59 today, although he says he'll never be able to retire because we won't be able to afford it.  We got him a sling shot and pellets because what else do you get someone who turns 59?  He was like a kid with a new toy...um, wait...he was a kid with a new toy.

He gets his birthday off at work if he goes a year without a work-related accident, which he's never had the whole time he's worked there.   Not to mention perfect attendance the first 10 years he worked there.  Not that he got anything for that.

So he's spent the day sleeping mostly, which is good.  He works long, long hours on second shift, which screws up his sleep schedule and has for the past several years.

I didn't get much sleep last night, though, due to a headache that didn't go away until about 7:30 a.m.  I finally got up and ate some almonds because I just couldn't think of anything else and the headache when away.  I don't know why it went away after eating almonds but I'm going to try that again next time.  I suspect it was allergies and I should have taken an allergy pill but that involved getting up out of bed and I was too tired to do that.  I'll take one tonight though, because I feel the pressure building up.  The house is closed up again due to cold temps and rainy, windy weather so the mold and mildew spores have no place to go but in my nose.  Maybe use the neti pot again, too.

I cheated today and bought a lavender plant instead of growing them from seeds.  I've never been successful in getting anything from lavender seeds so this seemed like a good option.  I have some tomato plants growing but nothing else.  I should have started these a month ago, but fortunately the tobacco has enough time to grow before the season is over.  It's just the tomatoes and peppers will be a bit delayed although they, too, will have enough time.  I just need to get more tomato cages.  I used to have 6 of them, but they don't seem to be in the garage anymore and I'm down to one.  I used poles and yarn to tie them up last year so I'll probably do that and just pick up one or two each year until I have enough cages for the peppers and tomatoes.

I'm also planning on putting strawberries in this year and the echinacea if I can find where I put it, and if it's still good.  Plus corn, pole beans, romaine lettuce, and whatever else I can think of.  I still have to put the fertilizer spikes in the ground on my fruit trees and bushes.

I have my annual physical on Tuesday, which I'm not looking forward to.  I hate them but I won't ever skip them with my terrible health history.  Fortunately all my labs are already done so I don't have to fast and the appointment isn't at the crack of dawn but I know I won't sleep the night before.  I never do.

I finished up the boa and have been working on the gansey scarf and the sweater coat.  I've gotten past the 25 inches of seed stitch and am working on the design with is just a two row pattern, easily memorized.  I'm just going to have to lose weight before I can wear it next winter.

I found a black cardigan sweater on the clearance rack for $3 today to wear tomorrow.  I look awful in clothes.  There just isn't a single style out there that doesn't emphasize my enormous stomach and unmatched boobs...even if I stuff the prosthesis cover with cotton batting.

Well, I'm going to go lie down again as the headache is back.  I just took an allergy pill and need to use the steroid spray so I can't do the neti pot until tonight.

TTFN

No comments: