Sunday, May 1, 2011

Drowsy Sunday

Last night's lack of sleep was my fault.  I ate a small sandwich before bedtime and had an acid reflux attack.  After that I was afraid to go to sleep again so I was awake until 6 a.m or so.  Professor wanted out at around 10 so I got up and let him out then went back to bed.  I had a vivid dream that woke me up around 11:30 so I just got up.  I've been so sleepy all day.

I'm not cooking tonight as everyone seems to have grabbed leftovers or sandwiches to eat so I think I'm going to crawl into my pajamas and go to bed.  I got caught up a bit on my Doctor Who inventory on dvr along with some Graham Norton but I fell asleep watching the highlights of the wedding. 

Zach and Tom gave me my Mother's Day gift early...a new camera and tripod.  I think they gave it to me because I had been grousing that Mother's Day was a contrived holiday and didn't want to celebrate it.  I love the gift though.  My camera was giving me trouble.  I hope this one works out well.  I'd like to do some photography and learn all I can about it.  Not sure what I would do with it, but at the very least I could add photos to my blog.

It was lovely again today but the winds were so strong that it was hard to stand up at times.  Definitely at Stuffmart, which is on a fairly high plateau with nothing to break the wind.  I washed and blow-dried my hair before we left.  Which was a big mistake.  By the time I got to the truck in the driveway, I was a mess with my hair tangled and going every which way.  Next time I'll put it up in a barette.

Game of Thrones is on tonight but I think I'll give it a pass.  I certainly have tons of other things to watch even if Sean Bean is in it.  I can always get my Bean-fix by watching LOTR again.  And again.  I watch the entire set, including all the doc, once a year.

My green peppers still aren't coming up.  I watered them even more so I hope that helps a bit.  With the sunshine today, maybe they'll start peeking through the dirt.  One of my tomato plants withered and I accidentally broke it off trying to re-pot it.  I'm not going to plant another one.  I think I have plenty.

Well, I'm off to bed.  I don't care if I do doze off right now.  I'll figure out a sleeping schedule later.  I'm so tired of being tired and sleepy all the time.  Hopefully I'll start getting some rest soon.  As much as I love the pets, I would love to sleep through the night.  I can't lock them out of my room as I have no wall and no door.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Happy Mothers Day! What a wonderful gift!
Vicki