Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Passed another physical

I had an early morning for my yearly physical so I didn't sleep much at all, anticipating the alarm and all.  What I woke up to really made me want to crawl back into bed and only the knowledge that I would have to pay for the appointment out of my own money if I skipped it, got me showered, dressed and out of there.

Snow.  Lots and lots of slushy snow.  By the time I got out of my appointment, visibility was really bad.

The appointment went well.  The dr told me about Cymbalta which apparently trains your brain to think differently about pain so I agreed to give up the tramadol in order to see if this will work on my fibromyalgia and my depression/anxiety attacks.  Although I'm not feeling too down right now, I do know that my brain chemicals are scrambled and don't know which way is up.  Eventually I'll crash again, which I seem to do weekly of late.  I go back in a couple of weeks and if the pain is manageable with tylenol, I'll stay on the anti-depressants.  If I'm writhing in bed after a week, I'm to quit the Cymbalta and wait a few days and go back on the tramadol, then call her to let her know.  And still keep my appointment.

I just wish I could get Zach to a dr for his depression, poor guy.

It was a good physical aside from the pap, which is always embarrassing, uncomfortable and a bit painful.  My labs weren't a disaster although I agreed to up my dosage of metformin for a while to give me some time to get control of my sugar.  I usually just tell her I'll take care of it with diet and exercise and then don't.  This time I acknowledged that I needed help with that.  Hopefully my outlook on life will improve a bit and I'll get more energy and concentration going and maybe improve the quality of my life.

I got pizzas for supper tonight because I am sleepy and could go to bed right now.  I won't, but I could easily do that.  I'm also betting that when it is late enough to go to bed, I'll be wide awake.  Oh, and the Cymbalta is supposed to help with the insomnia, too.  I start on a lower dosage and then build up.  And then she's hoping that the dosage I build up to is going to do it for me.

I doubt I will do any knitting tonight because that will help keep me awake, but I would like to get a bit more organized with my knitting and actually work on my projects instead of hiding them in bags under the table.

It's raining now.  I just heard some thunder.  And when I say it's raining, I mean it's sleeting.  Hard.

Time to go put the pizza in the oven, get the laundry out of the dryer, put another load in, start another load of wash, fold the clothes, clean out the cat box because it's my turn, and then crawl into bed to watch tv and read a bit.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel more like getting things done.

TTFN

No comments: