Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday errands

I wasn't going to go out today after braving the Good Friday crowd at Stuffmart but I needed to pick up a book at the library and decided I needed more staples for the week ahead so I don't go at all until next Friday.  With gas at nearly $4 a gallon, I need to stay home more.

Unfortunately they didn't have the book I wanted.  It was listed in the computer both online and the library's computer but the book is "missing."  I have noticed a lot of books missing from the library of late, mostly anti-right wing stuff and Pagan stuff.  How odd.  So I put it on hold and will get it from another library.

I really have to get some laundry done tonight because Zach's bed clothes are in the wash.  He's having such a hard time with his OCD and unclean sheets.  I'm going to have to wash them more often.  I thought about getting him another set because he only has this set but I forgot while I was there.  I knew I had forgotten something.

I ended up not knitting last night.  Or spinning.  I went right to bed and shut the lights off waiting for sleep.  I eventually got there but woke up when Tom got home.  Fortunately I went right back to sleep and slept until 8:30 a.m. when I got up to let Professor out.  But I crawled back into bed and slept until 11 a.m.  It felt good to get that much sleep, but I spent so much time at the library walking around looking for a different book to read that I'm stiff and terribly sore right now.  I haven't taken anything for pain yet.  I'll do that as soon as I get some laundry in the wash.  I hate having the washer and dryer in the basement.  Stairs and my achy joints and arthritic knees hate it, too.

I'm not cooking supper tonight.  Everyone had snacked by the time I got home so no one is hungry.  Suits me.  I can use a night off from cooking.

I plan on going back to bed very soon and hope to get some spinning done.  I didn't get my yarn organized today as I had hoped.  Maybe tomorrow.  I do have the sweater coat I can knit on and if I dig through, can find the Navajo coat I started a while back, which is crocheted.  But I'm antsy to start a smaller project I can finish in a week.  I just can't figure out what that would be though.  Maybe I should dig through my bin of books and magazines.

Well, sitting here isn't getting that laundry done so I should sign off and get busy.  Zach won't like sleeping on the mattress pad with no covers.  Plus, I'm out of clean sweatshirts and it is still sweatshirt weather for me.

TTFN

No comments: