Friday, April 22, 2011

De-toxed

Finally got the headlights in the car replaced for a mere $130.  We've had to do this every single year as they keep going out.  We had them look to see if there is a problem in the lamp itself but apparently we just keep getting crappy replacement bulbs.  Right.  Tom said next time the headlight goes out, we sell the car instead.  Stupid design idea to have to take off the front end of the car to replace the headlights.

Cold and rainy today and the store was packed with people who got off for Good Friday and worshiped at StuffMart instead.  I had to go pick up a prescription refill and get some calcium that didn't have vitamin D in it (only one brand was without D) but I had to wait forever for a guy who was taking down each bottle and comparing them to his enormous pouch of coupons.  Slowly taking them down, reading each bottle carefully and then putting them slowly back up on the shelf.  I went off and got some of the other stuff I needed and came back about 10 minutes later and he was still there.  Finally he moved off and I was able to get in there.

While I was waiting, I looked at multi-vitamins and discovered that the brand I take has 1000 I.U. of vitamin D in them.  No wonder my ionized calcium was high.  I was od'ing on the stuff.  So I'm going to forgo the vitamins for now to see if my calcium levels will go back to normal.

I'm feeling better today, not as depressed and feeling some relief from the pain.  I was so glad to get that Cymbalta out of my system.  It was frightening how badly I felt on just one pill.  I got some sleep last night although I woke up at 7 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep.  That only gave me about 5 hours and it wasn't uninterrupted but it still felt better than the little sleep I was getting.  I took my first tramadol at about 10:30 p.m. and the second one at 1 a.m. and by 2 I felt it working well enough to doze off. I was really stiff and sore this morning, though, so I took another one after I'd been up and about for a while.  I managed to do some laundry and clean up the kitchen before anyone got up.  And I spun for about half an hour as well.  Then when Tom got up I got dressed and we went to pick up the car.

My green peppers haven't come up at all so I need to replant them, but the tomatoes look great.  Even the tobacco is coming up although I apparently have about 20 seeds in one of the peat pods.  Since a few of the pods didn't grow anything, I'll transfer some of them to the empty ones.  The seeds are really tiny, smaller than poppy seeds, so it's hard to plant just one seed.  I think it will be a while before they go in the ground.

I need to dig through all my yarn stash and figure out what to knit next.  My mother was telling me today that my aunt had taken a sweater of my grandmother's, unraveled it and knitted them some slippers out of it.  That was so sweet of her and it meant so much to my mother and my other aunt.  My mom does appreciate the things I knit for her and that makes me feel really good.

I think I'm going to spend the weekend working on cleaning my room and Zach's as I got him a carpet for his floor.  Which means moving furniture to get the carpet under it and that won't be fun.  We took the carpet out when we moved in because it was so stained, but I wish I had just covered up the stains with throw rugs instead because the wood flooring under it was so crappy and you can see where they knocked out the wall and moved the closet.  Little by little I plan on fixing this place up.  I haven't been able to do much with it because of money and the pain and fatigue I've been going through.  I hope that changes soon.  On both counts.

Well, time to fix supper and get some more laundry started.  Ghost Adventures tonight and more documentaries on dvr.  I've been getting interested in astronomy again and there are lots of docs out there on the subject.  I actually feel like knitting tonight so I must be improving.

TTFN

No comments: