Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not my favorite time of the year

Taxes are done and I still have hair left.  Although I got royally pissed when I did a free online tax return only to be told when I got done that I didn't qualify and it would cost me close to $40 for the return.  Twice that if you include the state return.  So I went back to the booklets I picked up at the library and did them by hand.  We're really missing Zach as a dependent this year.  Getting very little back although enough to pay the second installment on the property taxes.

But I'm stressed out so I'm not cooking tonight.  I had a pot-pie from the freezer.  There's another one in there or Tom can fix whatever he wants.  I'm just not doing it.

We had temps in the 80s today and the sky is getting very dark so I anticipate a thunderstorm coming our way.  It was in the forecast.  We'll just have to wait and see.  We get lots of them up here but for some reason the tornadoes head north toward the marsh.  There has been one across town before but it didn't touch down.  It did enough damage without it, taking siding off my brother-in-law's house.  I guess the water attracts them.  We have at least 3 tornado warnings a year.

The weather will be cooler tomorrow but still warm enough I don't need to use the furnace.  I've got it shut off, hoping I won't need it anymore.  We've had to deal with cooler temps in the winter so I don't anticipate it getting too cold, although I suspect winter isn't done with us yet.

Short pickings today as I'm still stressed out from the taxes so I'm off for a hot shower and to bed.

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Taxes done and some hair left!
Whew!! LOL
Vicki

Kathy said...

I hate doing taxes. It's supposed to be Tom's job since I take care of the bills all the time but the past few years he's been too "stressed" to take care of it.

Ha! Like I'm not. lOL