Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The more I want to stay home, the more errands I seem to have to run

I had intended to stay home and get some things done today but no one told me the cat was out of  food so I had to run to the store to get him the kind of food he'll eat.  We let him eat as much as he will, hoping he'll gain back some of the weight he's lost.  So another afternoon wasted and I'm still so tired from that bout with Cymbalta that I'm doing well to stay out of bed all day.  I ended up falling asleep around 7 tonight and slept for half an hour.  I'll most likely be up until the wee hours now.

I got frustrated with the Pan amigurimi pattern as the pattern isn't for the picture.  There are huge differences, one being the Pan as crocheted is huge and the picture shows a tiny little guy.  Plus the proportions are way off with a tiny neck and huge round body with arms way too small.  I checked and double checked both the pattern, gauge and yarn and I'm not doing anything wrong.  I hate when the pattern is nothing like the picture.  I might try to make one on my own but I'm so disillusioned right now that I'm putting it aside.  Now I just need to figure out what to knit next. 

Maybe a small bag of some sort.  I've got a few patterns in my folders.  I should get my bin out and go through all my magazines and loose patterns there.  I would like to see if I could do Icarus, in one of my Interweave Knit magazines from a few years ago.  I'd like to do lace knitting for a while.  I've also got tons of cotton yarn to make dish cloths out of.  I could use some new ones.  My store-bought dishcloths are rags.

I am not going anywhere tomorrow so I hope to get some laundry and cleaning done.  Zach cleaned the kitchen today and did some other odd jobs for me.  He's been working on his resume and applying to some jobs online. Maybe next week we'll go to the temp agencies.

I saw the second episode of Game of Thrones on HBO and I probably won't finish it up.  Not because it's bad or anything, but because I don't like the way the story line is going (I peeked on Wikipedia).  I can't really explain it except to say I hate it when so many of the characters get killed off, especially the animals. It's still a marvelous production though for people who do like that sort of story line.

As it is, I have plenty to watch with my documentaries and all the dvds I own.  Not to mention the premium channels.  When our two year deal is up, I'm going to keep the digital channels and get rid of the premium channels because I can get most of the shows from the library free, plus I have my own collection.  It would save a chunk of change for sure.  But I would definitely keep the dvr box.

I had to replant my green peppers as none of them came up.  I used some old seeds so it's my fault.  My tomato plants are getting tall and the tobacco is taking over the little greenhouse I got for seedlings.  The seeds are so tiny that I have upwards of 20 in one little pod that I'll need to thin out soon enough.  Plus they're growing in between the pods, too.

I've got to figure out how to dye yarn so I can get my singles dyed before I ply them.  I've decided on kool-aid because it's easier, cheaper and I've got tutorials in abundance to choose from online.  I told someone today that I know it's colorfast because I've tried to get kool-aid out of carpet before and it's impossible.  I think I have everything I need except for a sunny day to hang them on the line.  I don't have room indoors.  Well, I need the kool-aid, but I can get that any time.

Well, time to crawl back into bed and maybe pick up some knitting on my sweater coat.  Or just look at patterns tonight.  Or maybe dig out old works in progress.  I know of one blanket I had started that I could finish up.  Or I could just frog it and find something else to do with it.  The latter is more likely.

Hope to accomplish something tomorrow.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Koolaid is a fun way to get into dyeing! Watch out! It is addictive!!
Vicki