Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stop me before I rearrange again

It was another gorgeous day but I spent it dragging around getting a few things done, like laundry and the kitchen, meals, etc.  Spent less time online but I still need to cut a chunk of that out of my life.  I'm getting antsy to rearrange everything in the house...it's how I clean best, but I have no place to put anything unless I give up my "bedroom" and turn it back into a living room.  It's a possibility but involves me making up the couch each night and putting everything away again in the morning.  It also means Tom sleeping on the couch all weekend and no place for me to sit besides the dining table.  So that's probably not going to happen again.  Insanity means doing the same things over and expecting different results, after all.

I would love to have a bigger place but we would have to put a large chunk of change into this house to get what we owe on it, let along make a profit.  It's not a seller's market out there.  Plus, I really do hate the idea of packing anything up.  I'm prepared to live here until they carry me out feet first in order to avoid that.

Unless I just run away from home with a suitcase or two.

Tacos tonight for supper.  Zach's request and since I had all the ingredients and it's a quick meal, I'm up for it, too.  I'm browning the hamburger now, having chopped up all the veg.  I had already made my own taco seasoning and we have picante so it should be a good meal.  I usually keep a can of refried beans around but I don't have any.  It will still be a great meal though. 

I slept a lot last night but I slept late this morning...well...noon...but I still feel like I haven't gotten any rest.  I need some kind of energy to start making changes in my eating and exercise but I won't have that until I make changes in my eating and exercise.  I hate this.

Makes me wish I had a reset button so I could just start over and not make the same mistakes I've made in the past.

Still knitting happily on the boa.  I also did some knitting on the gansey scarf, which is fun, especially since I spun the wool for it.  I think it's Dorset but I'm not sure.  I'm making great progress on the Welsh top, too.  I usually only spin a half hour or so a night, but the other night I spun for 3 straight hours.  I could keep doing that, too.  I'm about ready to start dyeing my singles but I'm not sure what method I want to use.  I could do koolaid, which is the cheapest but I'm not crazy about the colors.  I'm not a primary color type of person.  But buying the dyes also involves buying equipment to use only for dyeing.  And I don't have an extra stove anywhere around to use just for that either.  My kitchen has to double as my work space.  Maybe I could just stop cooking. 

But I do need to start researching it because it won't be long before I need to start that process.  And then I'll need to find more fiber to spin.  I'm debating getting a fleece and doing it from scratch.  I've done it before with crap fleece a guy gave me to get rid of because he usually just burned it.  I learned on it, but it's a lot of hard work.  Still...being a process knitting, I'm also a process spinner as well.  I'll weigh all that out as well.

I'm not sure what to make out of my Welsh top though.  It's a sturdier product so not something that lies next to the skin.  I haven't found anything out there to make lately...my knitting mojo being low these days.  I'm sure something will come to me.  I'd love to be doing socks again but I don't know how Welsh top would wear on the feet.  I'm ready to buy some sock yarn though so I've got something portable to knit on when I go places.  But I've also got to get busy on the frugality aspect of my life again and get some money in savings or we're toast next year come property tax time.

I need a vacation from my life, but I'd settle for a room with a door that locked.

Well, supper is ready and I'm hungry so I'm off to eat, put the laundry in the dryer and head for bed to knit and watch Farscape and some documentaries I've dvr'd.

TTFN

No comments: