Thursday, April 28, 2011

Home is where the clutter is

I stayed home today but didn't get as much done as I should have.  Blame it on the eagles.  I found some videos on you tube of significant events in their lives and was watching on and off all day.  I've managed to get some laundry done and am working on the living/dining room right now.  I'm still dusting and I need to vacuum but the clutter is put up for now.  It won't take a day for it to get back to the way it was before though.

I've got potato/onion soup cooking.  I forgot to use the leeks so it's just potatoes and onions for now.  I can slice up the leeks and freeze them so they don't go bad.  I think tomorrow will be spent cleaning up the kitchen/pantry/refrigerator and mopping the floor in there.  That will most likely take all day, the way I move.

I dug through all my magazines and folders and such last night and found a few patterns I might like to work on now.  It's just a matter of finding the yarn and correct needles for it.  I hope to get started on the shawl tonight. I found my Icarus pattern and another lacy shawl pattern that might work as well.  It's a bit simpler so that might be a better pattern to start with.  I believe Icarus is complicated.  At least it looks complicated.

I can't remember what else I pulled out of the bin.  I have such a short memory, you know.  I'll figure it out later, when I settle down for the night.  I've got stuff to do after supper so I won't be able to crawl into bed right away, but in the long run that's better since I'll have a clean living room to wake up to.  Well, fairly clean.  Tom tends to just dump stuff on the dining table when he gets home.

I've got a book in at the library but I don't know if I want to go to pick it up tomorrow or wait until Saturday.  I'd like to get the kitchen done tomorrow but Tom is working Saturday and will be gone Sunday so I have those two days to work as well.  I'll see how I feel about it all tomorrow.  I'm still pretty achy from the change in my medication.  I'm guessing that I had kept a level of tramadol in my system and it built up so I wasn't in pain all the time.  Now I seem to be in pain all the time and any trudging up and down the stairs just exacerbates it.  I will never mess with the treatment of my fibromyalgia again.

Of course the weather is crap here with lots of rain and cool weather and high winds so it might be connected to that, too.  I know my arthritic knees have been clamoring for my attention as well.

Well, I must go fold clothes and vacuum the living room.  It does feel good to make some progress no matter how slight it is.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I'm digging through my mags also. We must be on the same wavelength!
LOL
Vicki