Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beyond boring

Got Zach's permit renewed but I forgot to take the title for the car with me to get a clear title from the credit union.  It's been paid off for over a year.  I just haven't made it to DMV before this...and then forgot all the paperwork.  But Zach is psyching himself up to get behind the wheel of the car.  As long as no one pressures him, I can see him driving within 6 months.  And maybe ready to take his test.

My sister-in-law, who shares a birthday with her brother (my husband) is having a surprise party this Saturday night.  I have been thinking and thinking what to get her as it's her 60th, a very special one.  She's very young and very active so I wanted to do something to celebrate that.  She doesn't read this blog so I feel safe in saying that I ended up getting her a tiara and I'm going to knit her a red boa.  She will totally get it. And I really hope this isn't the first time she decides to read my blog.  Maybe if I give it a really boring title she won't be intrigued.  Or maybe no one else will read it either.  LOL

I've wanted a tiara for years to...you know...wear around the house.  While in bed knitting, washing the dishes, vacuuming, sitting at the computer, reading a book.  Not for outdoor work, certainly, but I've hinted around for years to the men in my life.  So I figured Jan needed one, too.  She knows how to party so this will complete her party gear.  I'm thinking we'll have her close her eyes and put them on her with a mirror in hand so she can see herself in all her queenly glory.

We got Tom a sling shot and ammunition because he loved Zach's and talked about borrowing it for hunting.  Now he's got his own.  We'll give it to him Friday.  Homemade pizza for supper.  He loves my homemade pizza. 

It was another lovely day today but I didn't get anything done again.  I was waking up nearly every hour last night and never getting into deep sleep.  That's two nights in a row.  I wonder if it's because of the heat.  I'm not used to sleeping in 60F temps.  I ended up turning the fan on again but I think the noise of the fan kept me awake, too.

Just fixing hamburgers tonight because I'm feeling really tired and ready for bed.  If I go down now, I'll be awake at 9 p.m. and up all night so I'm putting it off until at least 10 p.m.  I'd love to start getting up early so I've got time alone in the morning but that's not going to happen unless I start getting sleep.

Making my way through season 3 of Farscape.  When I'm done with that I'll have to get Peacekeeper's Wars from the library before moving on to Earth: Final Conflict.  They finally cataloged the copy I bought the library.  And it was checked out that day.  The other seasons of E:FC are really expensive so I don't anticipate the library buying them or me being able to afford them.  I just got a really good deal at StuffMart.  The store price was $10 for the season but in their online selection it was $40.  And that's all they had, was the first season.  Amazon.com has them for a little more than that.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt 1 comes out on Friday.  We're not getting The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  Liked it but not enough to pay $20 for it.  We can get it from the library or it will be on one of the premium channels or OnDemand.  But HP, we've got to own.  I'm pondering buying an extra copy for the library since their waiting list will be so long.  I don't donate often and aside from E:FC, haven't donated anything for a few years.

I'm going to start walking Professor tomorrow.  I keep meaning to but errands and lack of sleep keep interfering with my desire.  Tomorrow, since I have no place to go and much to do at home, I'll just take him walkies around the block.  Which is strenuous enough for someone with jelly for muscles. (Me, not Professor) It being uphill either on the way there or on the way back.  Zach and I are going to start taking our bikes in the truck to Wild Goose Trail and ride there since it's paved and nearly flat.  I just can't make any progress living in a town that is either uphill or downhill.  I barely make it a block before my heart is pounding in my chest.

I also want to start spending some walking time alone, too, for listening to podcasts or just viewing nature.  It's beautiful here this time of year.  I also need to get some flowers in the ground and some fertilizer spikes around my fruit trees and bushes.

Well, I'm off to fix the burgers and then crawl into bed to knit the boa while watching Farscape.

TTFN

No comments: