Friday, April 29, 2011

Blogging with a cat on my arms

It was a beautiful day today.  I should have hung some clothes out on the line but I got a late start trying to get enough sleep in.  I ended up  going to town...twice...for errands and library books.  The second time because Professor's lead broke while he was outside barking at a neighbor pulling into his driveway.  He took off but I was right by the door and got out there and shouted "stop!" to him.  For once, he listened to me and stopped, then came back to me and went inside.  I didn't let him know his leash was broken.

I ended up getting a cable instead of rope.  The rope rubs on the concrete steps several times a day so it's no wonder the leash broke.  This might be too lightweight though.  Not the cable, but the hardware.  So I got a sturdier one as well, but this one might be too heavy.  I just can't afford for him to get loose.  I don't think he would bite anyone but he might get scared into the street or might run off and we live down from the main highway through town.

I think I'll use the heavier one for the back yard.  That cotton rope has been in the snow and rain for a couple of years and I'm guessing is rotten, too.

I ordered a pound of fleece today.  This is what I ordered.  I won't need to dye this when I'm done spinning because I love the color already.  I got my kick spindle here although they don't sell them anymore.  They're great to work with and I tend to shop at the same places when I find someone who treats me well.  I'll need to clean it, I'm sure, so it will be a while before I'm ready to card and spin it.  But I have time.  I just bought 10 packages of black cherry kool-aid today.  I'll be reading tutorials all weekend setting things up to dye next week.  Hopefully there will be a nice sunshiney day so I can let them dry on the line instead of indoors.

And then the fun part...plying.  I'm not sure which way I want to ply.  I'd like to try Navajo plying but I'll probably just ply doubles instead.  I'm not really knowledgeable about all things spinning and dyeing, including the lingo, but I persevere and pick it up as I go.

I found a site today that doesn't like Game of Thrones either, for much of the same reason I don't like it.  You get invested in a character and the author kills them off.  I don't mind a dark theme, but I really hate one that is nothing but dark.  And so far that's what Game of Thrones is.  At least to me.  Plus apparently this series is much like Wheel of Time which seems to be neverending.  I quit that series after the 7th book. Paint dries faster than the plot moves along in those books.  Plus the author seems to think he's a fashion designer as he described what everyone is wearing in detail, as if it's critically important.

I decided to worm Hannibal to see if that is the problem, but if he still doesn't gain weight, I'm taking him to the vet.  We had to weigh him today to find out the dosage and he's not even underweight, but he feels skinny to me. But there are symptoms that fit in with worms so I'm going to try this.  If he doesn't have them, it won't hurt him to take the medicine so nothing is lost.

I started knitting another bag although this one is smaller and mostly just for small items, like I would take on a walk or something.  Still, it's a lovely design (when I find it online I'll post a link) sort of medievel and gives me yet another chance to work on my stranding and color work.  I'm doing it in red and black because that's the first bag of yarn I found.

I have a cat sleeping on my forearms while I try to type this and now he's trying to push my hands off the keyboard with his back feet.  So I guess I'm done for now and need to crawl into bed and knit some more.  I do plan on getting tons of things done tomorrow in spite of the bad weather so I need my sleep.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I didn't know the woolery had fleece like that!
Can't wait to see how it turns out!!
vicki