Friday, March 18, 2011

As the Friday turns

Today was unique in that I didn't wake up exhausted and unable to do anything.  While I didn't spring from the bed and jump into my chores, I did manage to get a lot accomplished before anyone else woke up:  a load of laundry (including taking a bucket of water from the shower downstairs) washing up the dishes from last night, making my bed and cleaning my room.  All before my first cup of coffee.

I had many errands today that took up all afternoon and I am pretty tired now from the walking and normal errand fatigue.  We did manage to find Zach a pair of comfortable shoes for a bit over $50 and I found the dvd Hot Fuzz for under $10 (it's one of my absolute favorite movies) and stopped by the campus to find out what has happened to Zach's diploma.  They told him it would take two months to issue it so he's got about 5 weeks left and they told him he can't consider himself graduated until he has the diploma in hand.  Crap.

Then I got the weekly shopping done which wasn't too expensive.  I only got what was on the list with 2 exceptions and tonight we're having hamburger stroganoff because I can't think of anything else right now.  Then we made it home and got all the groceries and packages in the house and put away.

Now, I'm tired.  I still have another load of laundry to get done and supper to cook.  I would like to work in the kitchen tonight but I am wiped out and don't want to push my luck.  I don't normally have two good days in a row so I'm knocking on wood and hoping my luck holds out a few more days at least.

Tom has to work tomorrow and is going to his sister's house afterward to play sheepshead so I've got the whole day to work on the kitchen and do more laundry.  And start tackling the living/dining room.  The bathroom will be last because I have to start getting it ready to paint.  The weather is almost warm enough for the paint to cure without using the space heater.  There are a lot of mildew monkeys to conquer in there, too. (I totally stole this expression from Debra because it's so cool.)  Not to mention paint to chip away.  And woodwork to rip off (it's the rubber kind and we're going to replace it with wood.)  And a door that needs to be sanded down.

Okay I'm worn out just thinking about it.

I'm making progress on my hat and have organized my projects a bit better so I can get back to my Navajo coat.  I was looking at lace shawl patterns today but I'm not seeing exactly what I want to make yet.  It will come to me, I'm sure.  Plus I have other works in progress I could dig out and return to as well.  And I have plenty of yarn to make a poncho or sweater.

But I have noticed if I put my knitting up early enough in the night, I get sleepy earlier so my knitting isn't progressing as fast as it used to.  Maybe once the house is completely done I'll have time in the afternoons to take a knitting break.  With gardening coming up, I hope to spend more time outdoors during the day but there's no reason I can't take my knitting out to my faery garden and knit there while I enjoy nature and the scent of my honeysuckle bushes.

Well, off to fix supper and do laundry while I'm doing that and then to bed.  Zach is going to load up the dishwasher for me tonight and take out the trash so all I have to do is fold the clothes and jump into my jammies.  Oh, fraptious day!  Or...rather...night.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Yay! energy, I think it is because spring is in the air! I desperately need to clean my house and de clutter!
Vicki