Monday, March 28, 2011

Back to normal...unfortunately

Back to not sleeping a whole lot.  Nothing new, just Professor waking up wanting outside 4 times a night.  He'll sleep for 10 hours during the day but needs to wee a dozen times at night.  This is not working for me.

Also, the little tub o' lard turns his nose up at all food now.  Except his morning bologna.  He stares me down at night or barks at me until I give in and give him jerky or steakbones (not real steak or bones) but no more.  I bought him some expensive dog food (a sample bag) that is supposed to be really healthy and by golly he'll eat it or go hungry.  He is seriously way too fat and waddles instead of walks.  Well, so do I but I'm going to work on that as well.  By not working on it actually.

So I expect to be treated to glares and lots of barking for a while but I'm not giving in.  Now if I can get the man to abide by my rules.  He's really good at slipping treats behind my back. 

Same with the cat.  I'm taking him off wet foods.  He either gorges himself on it then throws it back up or lets it rot on the plate until we throw it away.  Dry food is better for him anyway.  I also got him some more expensive food, too, that has health properties as well, that I'll use instead of the wet food and still give him his other dry food. 

I am putting my foot down.  No more Mrs. Nice Guy.  I do mean that.  I also need to start walking Professor, but if I do it at night, I'm wide awake the rest of the night so he'll get early afternoon walks, if possible.  Late afternoon if not.

I had to frog my poncho when the next stitch pattern didn't fit again.  Come to find out I was off by 100 stitches.  And a few.  So back to square one.  I was also using the wrong size needles.  I have no idea where my brain was, but I think it's back now.  I got some minerals at the store today that are for memory.  Now if I can remember to take them.

So I'm still on the border because I have an extra 100+ stitches per row to knit.  It's taking a lot longer, but I'll get there.  I just hope it's not too wide.

I'm cooking supper right now but I have no idea what I'm fixing.  I could use the hamburger that I'm thawing while cooking it and do something with it and the leftover risotto, but Zach really didn't like the risotto.  He can fix pizza bites or something for supper because I don't want all the risotto to go to waste.  Just not sure how to cook this.  Normally I would add a soup or something but with the creaminess of the risotto and the flavors already in it, I think I might just add some more spices and leave it without a sauce.  Tom will eat it up.  I'm not terribly hungry but I can eat a bit of it and then I won't have to throw the rice away.

What I really want to do is go to bed but it's much too early.  I might give in around 10 p.m. but not before that.  If I do I'll wake up when Tom gets home and be up until sunrise.  And be just as tired as I am now.

I've got to refill the bird feeders tomorrow and maybe even hang a load of clothes out.  I need to wash whites and light-colored clothes and the sun would bleach them nicely.  It's going to be warmer, too, with temps in the 50s on the weekend.  But I'm going to wait until tomorrow to wash them.  Just too tired tonight.  And so tired of being tired.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.  I'd like to get some things done.  And I need to finish up Artemis Fowl before it has to go back to the library.  I know I won't be able to renew it and it could take months before I get it back because it's in demand.

So many goals and so little ambition.

TTFN















No comments: