Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today was predictable

I knew I did too much yesterday but I couldn't stop with the living room unfinished.  In the end I don't regret it as the living/dining room looks nice and it's a restful room now.  I just didn't plan on doing much today except for keeping up with the work I've done the past couple of weeks.  I do plan on shifting the laundry...taking a load out of the dryer, putting one in, and starting another load.  That way the chore isn't overwhelming to me and I don't have to make a dozen trips up and down the steep stairs.

Zach and I watched tv in the living room together last night.  I had a vhs tape of Angela's Ashes that I put in the vcr to see if it still worked so we ended up watching that last night.  Now that I've got a working vcr in the living room, I intend to go through all my tapes to see what's still good and what needs to be trashed.  I had a huge bin full of old tapes upstairs that I emptied to use for Zach's school books and papers so I need to sort that out.  But not today.

I didn't do any knitting last night.  I finished supper shortly before Tom got home and I was barely able to stand up straight because of the back ache so I went straight to bed and fell right asleep.  For an hour.  After that it was dozing and waking...not Professor's fault this time.  I was just restless.  The pain wasn't so bad because the tramadol kicked in pretty well, but I have this problem whenever I work that hard too close to bedtime.  It's like I can't shut off the go button on my brain.

I do plan on knitting tonight while I listen to Artemis Fowl in the living room.  I bought a cheapo boom box because all our old ones crapped out ages ago.  I listened to the first disk while cleaning.  It's so great to be able to hear Nathaniel Parker again.  He's a voice artist genius!  I hope to listen to a disk a day but that might not be feasible on the weekends.  I figure Tom will claim the couch on the weekends for naps.  And that's okay, too.

I've been spinning as well, although not last night.  I'm not sure I really want a wheel because I'm really comfortable with the kick spindle.  Although it won't last forever and will need to be replaced eventually.  Still, I love the portability of it and because my back gives me fits if I sit on hard chairs or let my legs dangle too long, the kick spindle is perfect for me.  I spin with my hand so I'm not as fast but it's ever so much more comfortable.  And I'm not doing this for anyone but me so my time is my own.  I would love to be done with this Welsh top though so I can get down to dyeing and finding more wool to spin.

Not sure what I'm going to make from the Welsh top though.  It's a coarser wool so I don't think I want it next to me, but a nice cardigan, preferably a long one, would be nice.

I'm still doing a lot of reading.  My concentration is improving although still not as good as it was pre-chemo.  I'm getting there though.  Now I just need to set aside time to write on a daily basis.  I think I'm going to wait until next week because the house will distract me until I'm finished with the main parts of it.  Then I can focus on closets, the basement, drawers, etc.  But having entire rooms a mess leaves me nervous and unable to concentrate on the task at hand.

I also plan on sowing my seeds in my window garden tomorrow.  It will be messy and I had hoped to do it outdoors but it looks like a lot of rain so I might just do it in the kitchen before I clean it up.  I'd planned on mopping in there anyway. 

Actually the kitchen doesn't look too bad but the pantry needs to be sorted and the refrigerator desperately needs a cleaning in addition to a clean floor.  That will take some time so I might divide that up into two days:  pantry one day and refrigerator the next.

And then the bathroom.  I'm leaving it for last because I'll be getting it ready to paint.  Tom has offered to do it on his birthday weekend because he gets his birthday off, but I can't imagine that would be fun for him.  I thought we might go to the museum in Milwaukee that weekend.  I've never been.

So, the chili is almost done and I still have the laundry to shift and the dishes that won't get clean in the dishwasher to finish up.  Then it's Artemis Fowl and knitting.

TTFN

2 comments:

Barb said...

I just found your blog link in someone else's blog. Hope you feel better soon! And, hope you enjoyed Artemis Fowl. That's a great series!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Barb. I checked your blog out and it's great. I'm adding it to my list.

I'm loving Artemis Fowl. It's been too long since I listened to the series. Fortunately there's another one after this. I might start the whole thing over again.

Thanks for stopping by!