Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday rambling

Tom and I went out to lunch today (just fast food) and I noticed midway that my jaw wasn't hurting.  When I went to press on the area that has been so tender, I came away with minimal pain.  So the medicine must be working.

Tom got his new glasses and some salt for the water softener (40lb bags so I don't get them unless he or Zach are with me.  I can get them into the cart but not out of it.) and then lunch.  We argued politics during the meal but fortunately didn't get loud or angry.  At least I can talk to him without him treating me like I'm an idiot or the enemy.  Not so with other people.

I started knitting a hat for Beltane.  I know...knitting a hat this late in the season?  But it will still be pretty cool here in May so a hat will be necessary.  And I can wear it next winter, too.  I need more than one project going, though, so I picked up the gansey scarf I was knitting with my first handspun (which doesn't look all that great, I admit) and did some spinning, too.  But I still need a different project to work on.  I should dig out the Navajo coat as well.  That would be the right weight to wear in April or May.  I found some wooden toggle buttons at the thrift store for it so I should just get busy on it as well.  And then I still have two blankets I started that I might just frog.  I don't need anymore blankets.

I'm planning on working outdoors next week as long as the sun is shining.  And I need to get my seeds started, too.  It's just the right time for them.  We can't really get anything in the ground until around the end of May or beginning of June without fear of frost so this gives me enough time, I think. 

And the house needs cleaning desperately now that I'm feeling better.  Although there is that darned fatigue still going on.  Still, I can start small and maybe work up to it.  I need to start walking Professor as he has gotten so round this winter.  Well, so have I, but walking him doesn't do anything for that as he has to stop at every tree or post we walk past.  Zach and I plan on going to the marsh or maybe Wild Goose Trail for walking.  Or maybe someplace in Beaver Dam.  Crystal Lake park has a walking track there.

But today I'm taking it easy and plan on reading this afternoon and knitting this evening.  And who knows what else.  I've got so much I'm behind on.

TTFN

No comments: