Thursday, March 17, 2011

Energetic Thursday

I've been working like a woman possessed today.  Last night after supper I tackled my bedroom, sweeping, dusting, de-cluttering and re-arranging in a minor way to get things the way I wanted them.  Well, the way I have to settle for anyway.

Today we tackled Zach's room and got it looking really nice as well.  We removed his half-size bookcase and put it beside the foyer where Tom can set his thermos and lunch box and I can finally have a place for the books that are on the shelves where my plants will soon go.  Zach is pretty happy now that the mold and mildew is gone (from my room, too) and will most likely sleep better.

Unfortunately whenever you tear one room apart, the other rooms look like crap so the rest of the house is a mess.  Except the kitchen.  Zach straightened up in there, too.  Still, I've cleared a path and that's all I'm doing the rest of the night except for a load of clothes and a hot shower.

It's amazing to feel better and have energy.  But this must last because the living room is a disaster and I need to clean it tomorrow.  Actually it will probably take two days to clean it because I've got much de-cluttering to do in there.

Tomorrow we go to get Zach some new athletic shoes because the tread is gone on his.  He's had them for three years so I guess it's time.  We usually find him some at Shopko because they have a selection of name-brand shoes that are always on sale and are wide enough.  He's got EEE or EEEE width, depending on the style so we can't find him anything in cheaper brands.

I want to stop by the thrift store, too, but I could wait until Saturday to do that.  Tom is working weekends again and most likely will for several weeks, if not through the summer.  It's good that business has picked up but a little compensation would be nice as well.

I'm fixing pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas tonight.  I have some potato skins for Zach and a salad because he won't eat mashed potatoes or peas.  It's the texture and his OCD.  The potato skins aren't mushy so he can eat them.  And then on to laundry and a shower as soon as the washer is done. 

I also want to get busy outdoors and start chopping up the tobacco stalks and the tomato plants and turn the ground.  When Tom can he's going to go out and start turning more sod so we can enlarge the garden.  I also need to fertilize my fruit trees and bushes soon, too.  I have spikes that I use but I can't find them anymore so when these two bags are done, I'll have to look online for more.

Now I'm off to finish supper.  I think I might start a load of clothes now so I don't have to wait for that shower.

TTFN

No comments: