Thursday, March 24, 2011

Errands are better than cleaning out the fridge

I woke up this morning feeling much better.  My left shoulder and neck area had minimal pain with free range of mobility.  I've no idea what happened but happily it was a one day event.  A little tramadol, ibuprofen and arthritis cream did the trick.  Actually the arthritis cream did more than the pain killers.

I had planned on staying home and cleaning the refrigerator but I had some meds come in at the pharmacy and, well, I was looking for a good reason not to clean the fridge so I went to town.  I also took care of the other errands as well, including the pet licenses.  I had forgotten it and the deadline was March 31.  As it was, the licenses are $10 each, doubling after the deadline.  All for pets I keep in my home who never bother anyone else or cost the city a dime.  It smells like a tax to me.

While I was at StuffMart, I went to the book/magazine aisle to see if they had the magazine I had gotten Tom for Christmas.  If so, I was going to get the most recent issue, but I couldn't find it.  What I did find was a book on reversing diabetes so I started looking through it.  It was about $12 so I wasn't sure I wanted to put that much money into a book but after skimming (I read very fast) most of the book, I decided it looked a lot like the South Beach Diet book, which I already have.  So I bought some lean meats and decided I needed to do something to get off this sugar binge I can't seem to get off of.  This is supposed to help and it did the last time I was on it, but I'm not good at limiting myself for long.  So I thought I would use it to "detox" and then slide into a more reasonable, healthier way of eating.

Zach has said he'll do a modified diet with me so I won't be alone.  I just hope I can last the two weeks I need to and don't binge afterward.  I know losing weight is work but for me it's been torture.  I've been dieting on and off for 22 years and I mean really tried.  I don't know why some people can and I can't.  sigh

Anyway, I decided not to knit the sweater I posted about yesterday because it's got raglan sleeves and I have never been successful at getting them to gauge.  Even if my swatch is perfect, for some reason the raglan part is unfathomably long and doesn't fit.  So I found a poncho pattern in my stash of stuff from the internet and started it last night.  Unfortunately I fell asleep while casting on so I have no idea how many stitches I have on there.  I'll check later but I was afraid that counting the stitches last night would have woken me up.

My dvr inventory is getting full so I need to watch some of the documentaries I've got on there.  They're good, but as I haven't been knitting much lately, I haven't watched much tv.  I've been reading more than watching.  I guess I only use the tv for knitting or crafting purposes.  I do plan on getting some more spinning done tonight as well.

So, I can smell supper is ready so I'm off to eat, finish up the laundry for the day (I still have plenty to go as I only wash a load when I have two buckets of shower water from the tap to put in the washer) and then to bed to knit and watch tv.

TTFN

No comments: