Saturday, March 19, 2011

Great sunshine, clear skies and supermoon tonight

I went to the thrift store today and found a tiny little ceramic spinning wheel that I had to have for only $1.25.  Not that I have a spinning wheel; I only have a kick spindle, but it's the thought that counts.  I also got a couple of books.  I don't normally buy books, especially from the thrift store but one was a book I used to own and got rid of in my fundamentalist days:  Needful Things by Stephen King ($.50).  I was always buying and then throwing out books like that because I'd feel guilty for reading them.  The other book was Glory and the Lightening by Taylor Caldwell.  I have loved her books since I was in grade school (and no, she's not a children's writer, but she writes historical fiction) although now, as an adult, I see how she inflicts Christian values on Greeks and Romans, as if before Christ they worshiped him.  This one is about Aspasia and Pericles.  Highly fictionalized to be sure, but I love books about ancient Rome and Greece.

I got some more candles as well but that was about it.  They did have a 5-inch television there for $3 but I had to wonder how well it worked for that cheap.  The sticker said it tested OK but I wasn't going to buy it.  It had RC cable ports so it's not ancient and I wouldn't mind having a tv in the kitchen but still...not going to buy it.

I'm winding down energy-wise.  I haven't done much besides washing one load of clothes.  I need to get the clothes out of the dryer and put that load in, but that involves stairs, and steep stairs at that, so I'm not doing a good job of convincing myself to get busy on this.  I need to get busy on the kitchen, too, but again...no energy, no motivation.  With all this sunshine, I might have to hang some clothes out on the line tomorrow.  I would do it tonight but again with the tired thing.

I also need to get outside and fertilize my fruit trees and bushes, but that won't be today.  It seems like lately full moons sap my energy.  That's the crazy I get from them anyway.

I didn't get around to knitting last night.  I was reading Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club.  I always want to read books after I've seen the movies they're based on.  Plus her writing is so good and descriptive.  I love the word pictures in my head while reading her.

I'm thinking of running into the next town and stopping at the Pig to see what specials they have and grab a snack for tonight.  Tom is at his sister's so Zach is having French bread pizza and I'm fixing myself a hamburger so I might get some chips and dip to go with it.  I'm trying to stop the sugar binge as my sugar is a bit high and I have labs in a few weeks.  Not to mention it might have something to do with my fatigue.

Plus Zach and I intend to get some pictures of the moon tonight with his DSI.  The camera is toast but his DSI takes really good pictures.  If they come out, I'll put them on the blog tomorrow.  I still have to take a picture of my Greek afghan.  I've got it hanging up over the wall air conditioner instead of the ugly gray flannel cloth I had up there before.

I'm heading off to the store...it's closer than where I usually go...so I can come back, straighten up the kitchen and relax for the night.

TTFN

3 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I love reading Amy Tan, I have read most of her books,Enjoy!
Vicki

Rue said...

Hope you got a good glimpse of the moon!

I get a little weary with all that full moon energy too.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Vicki. I read The Joy Luck Club ages ago but I haven't read anything else. I also have The Kitchen God's Wife but I'm taking a side trip down Stephen King Lane first.

Rue, I got to see it but I guess I was expecting it to be bigger. Still any full moon is beautiful so this was was still great.

I was so worn out but I'm getting energy back and managed to tear into the living/dining room today.