Saturday, March 5, 2011

I think I got it right today

I think I have my mind back.  I'm not sure but at least I'm on the right blog tonight.

Yes, I double-checked.

I didn't finish the Greek afghan last night but I'm nearly done weaving the ends in.  That's all that's left and then tomorrow I'll have pictures.  I have to take them with Zach's DSI since the camera has crapped out.  It doesn't recognize batteries anymore.  Old age, I suspect.  You know how the memory goes when you get old.  I hope to get a new camera but if I bring it up, Tom will say we need a new stove first.  It's the answer I get any time I want something.  When he wants something, he just gets it.  For some reason, then the stove isn't as high on his priority.  I'm guessing this is a man thing.

Yes, I would say this to his face.  But with a smile.

I'm feeling so much better in spite of a dog who shall remain nameless who woke me up every single hour last night wanting out so he could just walk around and sniff the ground.  Every single hour.  I kid you not.  By 11 a.m. I was not his friend anymore but I got up anyway because it was just pointless.  Apparently we had rabbits in the front yard last night and he loves rabbits.  Well, maybe love isn't the correct word.

So in spite of being tired, I'm feeling so much better without the headache.  My jaw still hurts a bit but not nearly as much and I haven't even taken an ibuprofen today for it.  But if this ever comes back, I'm camping on the doctor's doorstep to get an appointment because I don't want to go through it again.

Got the utility bill today and our payment is under $130, even after turning the daytime temps up to 60F.  I'm seriously considering turning it up to 62F now.  Except we're pretty used to it by now.  And I would turn the nighttime temps down to 50F even if we could afford more because I love sleeping cold like that.  I had trouble when our outside temps went up and the thermostat stayed above 55F all night for a few nights.  I was kicking the covers off.

Most of the low costs come from putting plastic on the windows, using thermal curtains and covering the doors at night.  That makes all the difference, I think.

I'm going to tackle the living room tonight and tomorrow so I can start my seeds on Monday.  Tom is off that day so he can go get his eyes checked.  Unfortunately he has to take vacation days to make any appointments with his schedule.  His glasses broke but it's been  3 years since he got them so it's time to make a new appointment.  I'll make one sometime this summer because mine are more expensive (my vision sucks...legally blind without glasses.)

Then of course, Zach and I both need new shoes.  It's always something.

Off to tackle my bedroom and start on the living room before I crash for the night and watch A Touch of Frost. 

TTFN



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My utility bill was $269 for a 1900 square foot home. I leave my thermostat on 68 during the day and 63 at night. I can't lower it anymore at night (I'm afraid littleman will be cold) but when he's at school that sucker is going down to at least 66.

Kathy said...

When Zach was little we kept it higher, but then Tom's pay was more in keeping with the economy. When he had to take a pay cut, the thermostat went way down.

It has become a game to see how low I can get the bill and still feel comfortable. I must have done a better job winterizing this year because this is the lowest it's been and the highest we've had the thermostat in a few years.