Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Professor's dieting and I'm not

I wasn't going to go anywhere today but I wanted to get Zach out and about so we headed to Taco Bell, where I had a 2 for 1 coupon.  Then to StuffMart to get a couple of things and something for dinner.  I didn't have anything frozen and yes, I could have thawed something out but I didn't spend a lot of money and I didn't buy anything to just pop in the microwave or toaster oven.  I bought chickens, one of which is in the oven cooking with a lovely barbeque sauce covering it.  I'll need to reapply some in about a half hour but the smell is lovely.  Zach bought some noodles for his side dish and I'm making mashed potatoes for Tom and me.

I didn't do any knitting last night.  I read a book instead.  I think I'm going to take Artemis Fowl back as I just can't seem to get myself to sit in the living room and listen to it.  I could take the whole thing into the bedroom instead but I'm already at the wire and would have to do marathons on it to finish it in time.  If I could renew it, I might keep it but I doubt I could do that.  I'll try though.

I will try to knit tonight though.  Although I'm having second thoughts about the poncho.  I have a sweater coat pattern from a million years ago that I loved and I think I might dig that pattern out and make another one.  Especially as I've learned better how to make my cables tighter so I don't have that leading gap on them.  I love sweater coats and could use another one.  It's a lot of seed stitch knitting, which is fine because I could use some mindless knitting for a while.  My brain not working very well and all.

I also need to get back to the Navajo Coat because I'll forget how to do it if I postpone it much longer.  It's really pretty but I can't seem to make myself dig it out of my basket.  Must learn to push myself.

Especially with walking and exercising.  I need to walk Professor every day and just didn't get around to it today at all.  I'm so tired all the time yet I know that exercise will help the fatigue.  But making that first step is so difficult.  Professor didn't get his bologna today and kept sniffing around his food dishes.  Wouldn't touch anything though.  I'm trying to be firm.  He tried to wake me up last night wanting treats but I wouldn't give in.  It will take a few days before he learns he won't get treats anymore but in the meantime, he's annoying me to no end.  Not to mention those accusing brown eyes.

I also need to get busy outside digging up the garden and getting my seeds planted indoors as well.  I'm just dragging all the time and any effort ends up wearing me out so I save it for the things that have to be done, like laundry, cleaning and cooking.  Soon, I hope, I'll be able to do more in the course of a day.  Soon.

Well, off to finish up supper, get the potato flakes going and a veg of some kind.  Zach is fixing his own noodles so I don't have to fix that as well.  He can't stand the texture in potatoes.  Never has.  Even as a toddler he would throw them up.

Ah, well.

TTFN






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, I too am trying to live a healthier lifestyle. The only thing that gets me walking is doing it in the morning. After I put Littleman on the bus I leave right from the bus stop. If I could go before then I would, but time doesn't allow it. How about waking up, eating a banana and hitting the neighborhood?

Kathy said...

I had intended to take Professor for a walk first thing this morning, but I got up with him a 9, after only 5 hours sleep and crawled back into bed. I crawled out around noon. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow. sigh

Kathy said...

Oh, and our neighborhood is on the side of a hill...a pretty sizable hill so each direction literally is uphill. It's hard on this wobbly, weak muscles. We're planning on going to a trail to walk this week to get a start on improving these muscles.