Monday, March 7, 2011

I fall out of love so easily

It was another down day today.  Tom ended up spending over $200 for a pair of bifocals that are nothing more than reading glasses he could get off the rack for $30.  And yet I didn't hear him whine about needing a new stove first, but then it wasn't me wanting to spend money.

Yes, I'm a bitch.  He says they're safety glasses.  My prescription, with seamless trifocals, cost only $75 more.  Which I can't afford right now.  I'm holding out for fall to get a new pair because Zach and I both need new shoes and with both of us having wide feet (Zach is 4E) ours cost more money.  But we get them on sale at Shopko for around $40 each so we're not really breaking the bank.

I'm beginning to hate the new stove we need.

I had to get out of the house so after supper I took off and ended up at StuffMart so I took a book to read and thought I would just grab some chocolate milk and sit in the truck and read.  I do that.  I use the parking lot as a place to be alone and think.  But it started snowing when I came out so I just came home.

I need a life outside this house.

The laptop was back on display without a price on it.  I caught the person working in electronics and she put her password in so I could look around but nothing would open up.  The bloom is off the rose.  All I need is a word processor, although research on the internet would be good as well.  But this behaved badly and I don't like badly behaving computers.  Just as well I went there tonight so I could fall out of love with it.  Now I will be happy with my notebook and Ticonderoga number 2 pencils.

I still would like a door though.

I might knit tonight.  I found a shawl pattern in laceweight that I like and even if the laceweight I've got is acrylic, it wouldn't look bad at all so I might give it a go.  I'm not in the mood for the Navajo coat just yet.  I need something light to work on.

I've been spinning every night lately.  I moved my kick spindle into my bedroom where I can see it and reach it from my bed so I've done about an hour a night.  Even though I've still got a ways to go before I'm done with the Welsh top,  I'm closer than I was.  And getting better all the time.  I don't break my singles very much anymore.  I need to look at Vicki's tutorials on dyeing pretty soon though because I have a lot of singles to dye.  And I want to dye them as singles before I ply.  I think they would look better that way.

Tomorrow I plan on starting to set aside time for writing, time for crafting, time for cleaning and cooking, and time for reading/studying.  I also need to get back to spending less time online.  It's like the Sirens' call for me, unfortunately.  I plan on closing my curtains with a clothes pin (don't laugh...it's all I've got) and letting everyone in the family know my room is off limits when I've got the Do Not Disturb sign up.  I hope it works.  It will with Zach.

Off to get ready for bed and get started on the shawl and maybe read a bit before bedtime.

TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you mention spending less time online. I've created some new rules for my online time as well. My ass is kicking me as it's grown a bit from sitting here at my time sucker box.

Carol said...

I hate paying for new glasses. I got my last pair at www.zennioptical.com - much much cheaper. You need your prescription with the PD (pupillary distance)which you can get from the person that did your exam if they didn't write it on the prescription.