Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I knew I had done too much

I don't know what I did but I woke up this morning with my left shoulder muscle and neck stiff and so sore I can't turn my head very well.  I put a hot water bottle on it and took some tramadol after I got back from town but in a little bit, after I get the laundry started, I'm going to bed with my arthritis cream and another tramadol.

And I'm still pretty sore all over and moving pretty slowly...although I did move at a fast clip in the store today when I found out Jessica was there.  She was my son's best friend when he was in his high school years and has since married and moved to Norway with her husband.  She also has a gorgeous baby named Lydian, who was with her.  I left her parents, who were my best friends when we were going to that church, and Zach with the cart and got to see her.  We're going to get together some time while she's here.  And the best thing is...now she's a knitter!!  She's made the most darling clothes for her son.

But believe me, I'm not moving that fast now.  In fact, I'm thinking of soaking in the tub with some epsom salts.  It's that painful.

I don't need to leave the house until Friday for errands, but those are in town and no, I'm not walking.  Some day I hope to be that fit, but our town is very hilly and we're more than halfway up that hill.  So tomorrow I plan on working on the refrigerator.  I may just do it one shelf at a time.  Same with the pantry.  My mojo is leaving me along with my energy.  But I don't want to lose the momentum I've picked up cleaning so if I do a little bit each day, and keep up with what I've already got done, I'll feel pretty good about it.

I didn't plant seeds today.  Mostly from not feeling well, but also because it snowed last night.  Just enough to cover the ground but still...I knew winter wasn't done with us yet, darn it.

I've been looking at patterns for something new to knit.  I finished up the hat, but I don't like it.  My finishing is awful but mostly because my end of rows were so loose.  I'll keep it around and might use it but it's not that good.  I found a pattern for a sweater I think I'm going to knit.  I haven't knit a sweater in a long time and I have plenty of yarn so I might go for it.  I don't have the size 9 dpns so I might have to order some online but I do have everything else I need for it.  I might even knit it in a smaller size as incentive.

I really do need to get back on the eating better and exercising more train.  It's so hard to do when you don't feel well, but it is something that would make me feel better, even if marginally better.  Hopefully the snow will go away soon and I can walk the dog and get some sort of routine going.

Well, I have laundry yet to do and pajamas to crawl into and a sweater to start so I am off to get all that accomplished.  My bed is calling to me.

TTFN

No comments: