Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve slipped up on me

Tom gets an extremely long weekend due to Christmas so not much got done yesterday, this being a tiny house and him being home in this tiny house.  Everyone is still in bed,  however, so I've been straightening up and doing laundry in order to at least try to catch up a bit.  I have a bill to pay today although I doubt if they will be open.  They have a pay slot we can use if they're not.

Tom has asked me nicely if I'll go to the family Christmas party this year.  I told him I would although I'm very cautious about it.  I did say if it got too much for me, I wanted the option of leaving and he agreed.  It will probably be fine, especially if I don't let them get away with insulting or ridiculing me.  I can only imagine the comments about me not having been to a single family event in several years.  I'm also not putting up with anyone telling me what Zach should be doing with his life.  I would never tell them how to raise their children, why on earth does everyone think they have the right to tell me how to raise mine?

But as I said, it will probably be fine.  They mostly are...it's just the few when someone decides to use me as the butt of their jokes.

I got next to no sleep on Wednesday night.  Between Professor needing out...and RIGHT NOW...and having fibromyalgia pain, I only managed to doze off occasionally.  Yesterday I did a lot of napping and yet was still able to fall asleep and sleep the night through.  So I'm in better shape today.  Well, better shape for me, anyway.

I was knitting frantically on a pair of fingerless mitts for Tom.  I decided he needed one more gift under the tree.  It went well as I can hear him coming downstairs and was able to hide the knitting without any trouble.  He did seem to spend a lot of time downstairs yesterday though so I only got one mitt done.  And the cuff on the other one.  I can easily finish up tonight.  No problem.

As a result I didn't get any other knitting done.  I finished up the headband/earwarmer for Zach Wednesday night.  I really liked the pattern.  It was easy and fun.  Finished up in one night.  I do intend to take some knitting along to the party.  I'm just not sure what to take.  I might take the scarf I'm knitting from my first hand spun except it's got cabling every fourth row.  I can do it without the needle but if it's dark there, I don't have a chance.

I suspect the bird feeder needs refilling so I'll get out there in a bit to take care of that.  The driveway needs shoveling but I suspect it's mostly frozen ice and will be the dickens to get off.  Good thing I've got two bags of sidewalk salt.

Well, they are stirring so it's time to finish up the laundry and fix breakfast...or lunch...or whatever. 

I hope everyone who celebrates has a wonderful Christmas.

TTFN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend is good with Tom and Zach. I don't doubt for one second that you'll hold your own with the family.

Thinking of you.

Kathy said...

True. I'm not the same person I used to be and am more likely to not put up with their "humor" than I used to be.

I hope your weekend is wonderful, too. We have plenty under the tree (for us anyway) and can't wait to unwrap them.

knittingdragonflies said...

I can't believe it is Christmas! It slipped up on me also.
Take care and have a Happy Holidays!
Vicki

Kathy said...

Happy Holidays to you, too, Vicki. Are you having a white Christmas down there? I haven't talked to my mom yet. I'll call her tomorrow afternoon after the crowd leaves.