Tuesday, December 14, 2010

When relaxing consists of doing laundry

I could have been more productive today but I'm enjoying not hurting too much to push myself again.  I've got two loads of laundry done and three more to go (which might not get done until tomorrow) so that was a few trips down to the basement and back up again.  Plus I'm trying to organize my yarn again because it's taken over my bedroom.  I really do need to stop buying yarn for a while.  And since I got the tax bill today, we're all going to be on frugal lockdown for the next few months.  Good thing I've got plenty of yarn.  It's not great yarn and it's not expensive yarn, but it serves my purposes and keeps my fingers and my brain busy.

I got the presents wrapped and under the tree so it doesn't look so lonesome anymore. We've never had a blowout Christmas so cutting back isn't that drastic for us.  I don't think we've spent over $200 for Christmas since Zach was a baby.  It's a lot of homemade gifts and things we need and maybe one small luxury gift.  Although there was that year when all I got was a calendar because someone never got around to shopping.  That was when I decided to buy my own gifts.  At least then I know there is one gift under the tree for me.

It was really cold again today.  Professor barely got off the porch before taking care of business and was back inside almost as soon as I shut the door to let him out.  He's been hiding under the blanket all day.  I've got the thermostat up to 58 today and I'm thinking of peeling off layers.  Partly because I've been busy and up and around, but mostly because we're just acclimated to lower temps.

Beans and cornbread for supper tonight.  That's comfort food for me but makes Zach throw up so he's having a hamburger that he can cook himself.  He has OCD (and most likely Asperger's) and some textures in food literally make him sick.  He can't even look at a plate of beans without gagging.  Tom loves my beans and cornbread and is a good winter meal.  We eat lots of soups and stews in winter.

Off to find my bedroom again.  I've got a floor full of bags of yarn that I need to sort through.  I'm bringing up the plastic lawn chairs from the basement to put in my room so Tom and Zach have someplace to sit when they come in to watch tv sometimes.  I was digging stuff out from under my bed today (and found two skeins of blue yarn, untouched) and saw that my box spring frame is broken and poking through the fabric so I'm limiting the tonnage allowed on the bed from now on.  Maybe someone on freecycle will get rid of a box spring soon.

Off to get a load of clothes from the dryer and throwing another one in.  So far the dryer is doing well.  Maybe it's all how you talk to it.

TTFN

No comments: