Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cozied up awaiting the winter storm

Finally we made it to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1.  Amazing!  Fantastic!  I don't want it to end but I can't wait to see the last movie in summer.  I will watch these and read the books many times over.  I loved how they did the script, but then I'm not a purist when it comes to book to movie transformations.  You can't take a book and turn it into a script, especially when you're dealing with epic tomes and many characters.

Afterward we stopped off at Pizza Hut because it was already late and I didn't feel like driving back home to fix supper.  We had some pizza left over (lots of it actually) so we took it home for Tom's supper and Zach was thinking he could have a piece for lunch but there was none left over.  As Zach only had 2 pieces, I told him we would go to Pizza Hut and he could have a personal pan pizza next week.

For now, we're settled in until Monday, at least.  The snow has arrived.  Again.  It's been raining all day and now it's turned to snow and is coming down pretty quickly.  We're anticipating 10 inches tonight and a few more tomorrow.  Not looking forward to getting out there and shoveling snow.  It's heavy and wet.

I'm knitting away on various small projects.  I finished up the tree skirt, which looks really good, and am working on mittens, darning socks and knitting more.  Plus I'm looking through my yarn stash to plan out a hat for myself and some mitts for my dad and uncle.  They both suffer from cold hands in the winter.  I'll get them out after Christmas as I don't want to compete for space on the trucks before then.

I found the star for the tree top so the lights are on.  It makes the house look Christmas-y.  A little bit anyway.  The house needs tidying but that just won't happen on a weekend.  Too many people around for that.  Plus it does no good when those people just leave their stuff laying around.

Off to crawl back into bed, where I've been most of the day.  Trying to catch up on lack of sleep due to a certain dog who wakes me up three or four times a night wanting attention.  I just hope I can get back to sleep tonight.

TTFN

No comments: