Sunday, December 26, 2010

My post-Christmas present

I woke up this morning and opened up the kitchen window as I always do first thing and was met with a delightful surprise.  Under the bird feeders, grazing on the spillage was a beautiful pheasant.  I was stunned and tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out at all so I don't have any to show you.  What I ended up with was a blurred image that only vaguely resembles a pheasant.  Mostly just a blog.

I love living here.

Aside from that the only highlight of my day was when I knocked the crockpot full of leftovers nearly onto the floor.  I managed to catch it but the lid landed and cracked a chip off so it's useless now.  I'll have to figure out another lid for it or the crockpot will also be useless and I love my crockpot too much to let that happen.

I got some knitting done along with watching some documentaries and commentaries of Farscape.  I'll watch my Christmas dvds once I get the house cleaned up tomorrow.  Or Tuesday.  I have errands to run tomorrow.

Finished up one mitt for my uncle and worked on my Gansey scarf a bit.  I'm planning on working more on the Tree of Life afghan tonight as well.  I try to get at least one row done to keep up with where I am in the pattern.  My memory just isn't what it used to be.

I didn't go to the family party and had a really relaxing day.  I needed that much more than I needed a party to go to.

Nothing else going on so I am off to finish up some documentaries.  I'm going to have to purge some of the ones I've been putting off watching as my inventory is filling up.

Oh, and I'm finishing up laundry tonight as well so we have clothes to wear tomorrow.  What a bother.  LOL

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

Aha, Glad to know I'm not the only one that broke my crock pot lid. I've been using a stoneware plate for the lid for years, and it's a handy place to put your spoon etc,,,, ha
If you have a round pot it is not too hard to find one. I've even picked up a "spare" at the dollar store!
Vicki

Kathy said...

The lid for one of my dutch ovens fits perfectly so I'm saved!