Monday, December 20, 2010

Too much knitting...is is possible?

It was a very laid back weekend that I spent watching some Farscape and some dvr stuff and wondering why all the digital channels were unavailable as well as most of the premium channels.  And on the phone to the tech support about it.  After re-setting the dvr two times and nothing happened, we made an appointment for today for the guy to come and check the box and the cables.  Only to have everything show back up about an hour after I talked to the tech guy.  So apparently the problem was with the cable company and not our box.

In the meantime, I knitted my fingers to the bone.  My hands were so sore by last night that I had to put everything away and just watch television.  That was hard to do!  I don't normally knit that many hours in a day and probably won't do that again.

My mother thinks I should sell some of my stuff but I'm reluctant to do that online for a variety of reasons (sales tax, business licenses, etc, being part of my reasons) but I doubt I could sell anything anyway because Tom smokes upstairs and even though I keep the door shut to the upstairs, he sometimes leaves it open or when he comes down, brings the wreath of smoke with him.  Or it just plain drifts downstairs anyway.  I don't begrudge him smoking upstairs but as long as I can smell it down here (he can't because he's used to smelling it) it will be on all the clothes and yarn and anything I knit.  And most people don't want the smell of cigarette smoke on their brand new items.

But, as I said, it's not just that.  I have many reasons.  I might look into flea markets as long as I don't have to have a business license and all that goes with it.

I went shopping today because I saw on facebook that our anniversary is Wednesday and I forgot to get Tom a gift.  Plus we were out of one or two items but while I was there, it occurred to me that my normal shopping day was Thursday, which would be very crowded so I went ahead and did the shopping so I don't have to worry about it.  We'll be out of milk by then but Kwik Trip is a block away and we can get milk there.  I bought the pets a pet bed because the one I was crocheting has been flattened by usage so much it's not much of a bed at all anymore.  I'll wrap it up and give it to them for Christmas.  Like they really care.  They'll love the bed but they won't understand the wrapping paper or all that goes with it.

I wanted to get something special for Christmas dinner but I am on strike as far as cooking a spread on holidays because it's always been such a bother and so stressful that I have to do all this cooking while everyone else just sits around enjoying the day.  But everything was just so expensive that I ended up getting hamburger.  We'll just have burgers and baked potatoes (fries for Zach) and a veg.  Nothing special but I can't afford any meat that is over $3 a pound.  And even then sometimes I just can't afford it.  A ham might be 88 cents a pound but if it only comes in weight that makes it cost over $12, that doesn't make it affordable for me. I don't understand how anyone else eats anything but hamburger.  And that mixed in a casserole to extend the food budget.

Crowds today in the store were maddening.  People blocking aisles with three or four carts and having family reunions and when you try to get around them, they just ignore you.  People racing around you and then stopping in front of you.  Makes me wonder if they drive that way.  If so I don't blame Zach for being terrorized about getting his license.

Well, I have much to do before crashing tonight.  I need to fix supper, do dishes, and vacuum before I settle down for the night.  And I'm already tired from shopping so...

TTFN

No comments: