Thursday, December 16, 2010

I feel like hibernating

We didn't get any of the snow predicted today. Thankfully the roads are clearer so driving was easier except when it got dark and with the salt on the roads, you can't see the lines very well.  I managed to cut the grocery bill by a significant amount and only got a few things not on the list, but only because I saw them on sale or found them in bulk.  And I picked up some more incense because they don't normally have dragon's blood.  Aside from that I only got what was on the list.

And I avoided the yarn aisle.  I may have to avoid that aisle for the rest of the winter.

Tomorrow Zach plans on shoveling in front of the garage so we can get the garbage can out next week.  We still have a couple of feet of snow there, partly because we had to have someplace to shovel the snow from around the car and partly because it drifted there.  The snow is very heavy so if he just plugs away at it a little bit each day, by next Tuesday it will be clear. 

I forgot to refill the bird feeder today so I'll get it tomorrow morning.  I'm sure they aren't starving because I can't be the only one in the whole town who has bird feeders.

I slept pretty well last night.  Professor is getting used to the idea that I'm not going to get up with him and only tried once last night.  I told him to get back in bed and turned over.  He hopped up his steps and crawled under the covers beside me.  It's not that he wants out all the time.  Sometimes he wants me to turn the light on so he can see to get up the steps, but there is a night light right over the steps so I know he can see.  I think it's more manipulation than actual need.

Surprisingly no pain last night although I did take a pain pill when I felt the first twinge.  Normally I wait until I'm in pain and then it blossoms while I'm waiting for the pill to take effect.  I did have some pain today in both arms, which I normally don't have.  I think that was more residual from the shoveling and completely manageable with just some ibuprofen.

I'm working away on my many projects.  The gansey scarf I'm knitting from my handspun is coming along albeit slowly.  Sometimes it's fingering weight and sometimes it's more sport weight so each row is small.  I'm using a size 3 needle so...yeah...takes a while to make progress.  Fortunately the pattern was easy to memorize so I can work more quickly.  The yarn feels a bit rough but it hasn't been washed yet.  I have hopes it will soften up.  Zach's second mittens/flap are coming along.  I've got the body done and am ready for the thumb and then the flap.  I didn't work on the nordic mittens last night because I was too tired, but I did get to the toe of the sock of many colors.  I'll finish it up tonight and hope the second sock resembles the first one.

Supper is fish patties and tater tots tonight and I can smell that they're done so I'm off to eat supper, curl up in my jammies under the covers and watch tv and knit.

TTFN

No comments: